Alarms?

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
With all the money I'm spending on my bike with mods, I figured wouldn't it be smarter to save a little bit and spend it on an alarm instead?

Has anyone fitted a motorcycle alarm to their bike(specifically FZ6)?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just bought an alarm for my Baby.... a Scorpio i900, with all the bells & whistles...have not installed it yet, but it comes with the works....perimeter sensors, tilt sensors, text notification re tampering, etc, etc.....

Here's the link to the page with all the details.

Scorpio Alarms SR-i900

:rockon:

jsw4178

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Scorpio SRi 600, it is a great alarm. It was very easy to install with the FZ6 specific harness.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Scorpio SRi 600, it is a great alarm. It was very easy to install with the FZ6 specific harness.

Yes the SRi 900 comes with a FZ6 specific wiring harness, just plug's inline with OEM harness, it's just plug & play.

:thumbup:

lattin25

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought the Scorpio sr-i900 alarm and am very happy with it. The link posted previously will tell you all about it. Install is fairly simple. You can leave your bike unattended and know its safe. If anyone stands near the bike it will beep and if someone moves closer it beeps faster and faster until either the person leaves or full alarm is triggered.

Having the remote is also very nice. The only problem I see with this whole system is that you must have the remote either with you or on the bike at all times if alarm is set or anytime you want to move it or stand by it it will go off. This becomes a hassle but it is definitely worth the security it offers.

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the i600 and from doing the research it looks as though the difference between the i600 and i900 is the RFID.

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
Installation is really easy. Well worth the money. It's an easy DIY job. It would be nice if it came with an additional fob.

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone have the Scorpio SR-I900 and Lojack? I'm curious if the two would interfere with each other's RF signals.

Lojack was installed on my bike by the previous owner by Lojack customer service licks B4LLS!!! I'm so fed up with working/dealing with them and trying to change the name on the account (this has been over the last month.. me and two people at the dealership have been trying to get it sorted out and now we all hate Lojack). So I'm about to say EFF Lojack and just go for the alarm.

FZ6er_FSR

Reaction score
Visit site
That was the first thing I had installed when I bought my bike. It's called Merlin 3000. It has a tilt sensor, auto arm, flashing LED, back up battery, ignition killswitch, weather proof, goes into sleep mode after 3 days to save power - turns right back on once a sensor is triggered.

My insurance company didn't care if I had one or not, but it does give you peace at mind knowing if someone tried to move your bike, they'll be getting alot of attention.

The other company I heard of is called Viper.

notjohndavid

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not familar with any Viper motorcycle alarms but Viper is owned by a company called Directed Electronics (DEI). They make other brands like Clifford and Hornet. They're pretty much all the same product but Hornet costs a lot less than the other two.

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought an el cheapo "Spy 5000m" alarm system. eBay Motors: 2 Way Motorcycle Alarm System w/Remote Engine Start SPY (item 180315045815 end time Dec-30-08 16:39:24 PST) It was $100 shipped. It has the tilt/shock/perimeter sensors, a nice looking key fob with a supposed 5000m range (YEAH RIGHT!!), and it also can remote start/stop your bike. There are a few youtube videos of it in action and looks to be pretty decent.

Gorilla also makes a pretty good 2-way system that I really liked and almost bought until I saw this spy kit. For me the deal breaker in alarms is that I NEED to know what is going on with my bike, so a 2-way system is a must.