Akrapovic dB killers removal

NLFZ6

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Anyone with Akrapovic slip-ons know how to remove the dB killers?

I removed the small hex bolts that hold the killers in but can't get the inserts out without damaging them or the actual exhaust outlet.

Much thanks in advance!

FZ6771

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Anyone with Akrapovic slip-ons know how to remove the dB killers?

I removed the small hex bolts that hold the killers in but can't get the inserts out without damaging them or the actual exhaust outlet.

Much thanks in advance!

I had a lot of trouble getting mine out too I had to make a special tool to get them out plus the hex bolts were tack welded it was a real pain. if you get them out and want to sell them I will buy them.

NLFZ6

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a lot of trouble getting mine out too I had to make a special tool to get them out plus the hex bolts were tack welded it was a real pain. if you get them out and want to sell them I will buy them.

I'm finding mine to be a royal pain in the a**. Could you please describe the tool you made?

I ended up stripping the internal hex of one of the two screws. I don't know where to get Akrapovic spare parts- do you?

Thanks very much

FZ6771

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm finding mine to be a royal pain in the a**. Could you please describe the tool you made?

I ended up stripping the internal hex of one of the two screws. I don't know where to get Akrapovic spare parts- do you?

Thanks very much

No I dont know where to get spare parts I would like to know too. I found some new screws at a bolt store. Are both stuck or just one? If you can get one out then you might understand how to make the tool. I'll try to explain

3/8'' steel rod 15'' long with threads on one end just enough for a nut to screw on, cut a small notch in the other end then make a slight bend 8'' from the threads( about 1.5'' ) then another small bend going the other direction at the end where the notch is . It will kinda look like a slight s turn then find a big socket and slip on to the rod and push the rod into the muffler turn it until it catches on to the end of the db killer inside the pipe and give the socket a big hard slide against the nut kinda like a auto dent puller then it will pop out.

k7tortoisefc

Reaction score
Visit site
OK so I found this old thread and I'm having trouble removing the db killers on the Akrapovic exhaust that I recently installed.

So after I remove those nuts on the tips, do you just pull the killers out, like, literally, by force??

They seem to be kind of stuck...

Thanks for any help!!

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes just use pillers.
Then take them out.
Use some lubricant like wd40 if they are badly stuck.

DavesFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I have read about people dealing with stubborn DB killers by removing the cans and popping the DB killers out with a broom handle if the pliers fail. Mostly done before the install is done though :eek: