Airhawk seat pad

BlackAndBlue

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone used an airhawk seat pad on their fz6? I tried one on my friends fz6 yesterday and it was fantastic. He had one that seemed slightly small for the Fz seat though. I think the "cruiser medium" looks like it might fit well. Does anyone have a recommendation on that? I could see it being worse to be too big than too small. I have a long ride coming up and the seat pain is the worst part about this bike on long trips for me.

erburtt

Reaction score
Visit site
I like mine a lot, there was a bit of a learning curve figuring out how to use it right though. Everyone over inflates them I'd say. You want like 10 mm of air between you and the seat. I fill it up then sit and let air out till I find the right spot. Also I used to make the mistake of waiting until my butt was hurting till putting it on, start your day with it and use it the whole time and you'll be comfy all day.

I think I have the cruiser medium... not sure though, mine fits the driver portion of the seat almost perfectly, I do pull it up the tank slightly though for some uhh "front" comfort and support.

MakersTeleMark

Reaction score
Visit site
My airhawk 2 has literally saved my butt for many thousands of miles. Can't speak highly enough. Talked folks into them and all are just as happy. It lives on my bike.

2wheelieadv

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know what do I do wrong, but it doesn't really works for me. If I inflate it a bit more - I'm rolling front-to-back. If I inflating it less - it's not much better than sitting on the stock seat. Dono.

atticuss66

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Air Hawk 2. It is better than the seat but my butt still gets numb pretty quick. I still have to tinker with it ..I'm sure it could do better. Most trips over a couple of hours I am wearing a back pack which probably doesn't help either.

PZ 1

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the pillion seat cushion - large size, and I thought that was the best choice they had. It fits well. Anyone having a problem with one not working well may be because the one they have does not fit right.

BlackAndBlue

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got my cruiser medium in today. it looks way bigger than i expected. i haven't set it on the bike yet but i'm pretty sure it will droop over the sides some. it feels extremely comfortable though from what i have tried on a chair. i think it will be fine but i'll update after i try it out on the bike tomorrow.

BlackAndBlue

Reaction score
Visit site
while it looks like it overhangs a bit much on the rear, i think the cruiser medium is the way to go unless you're a person of small stature. my bum takes complete use of it though. only put a short ride on it but i think it's going to be a life saver on long trips.