airbox mod

fazed_ya

Reaction score
Visit site
Did the airbox mod today and well all I can say is. I FREAKING LOVE IT. NEXT MOD SP engineering carbon stubby exhaust. Can't freaking wait. Oh and my buddy rode my Fz today and all he could say was wow and that he was glad the crobin seat has an ass catcher at the back. He rides an sv650 and said I thought our bikes were suppose to be in the same class......... classic imo:BLAA:

MitchellsFZ6

Truly obsessed with bikes
Reaction score
Visit site
:BLAA:
Did the airbox mod today and well all I can say is. I FREAKING LOVE IT. NEXT MOD SP engineering carbon stubby exhaust. Can't freaking wait. Oh and my buddy rode my Fz today and all he could say was wow and that he was glad the crobin seat has an ass catcher at the back. He rides an sv650 and said I thought our bikes were suppose to be in the same class......... classic imo:BLAA:

Hey Fazed_Ya

Have you got any pictures of the airbox mod at all?

What differences are you getting?

Mitchell.

Phil_RC_1

07-FZ6, 09-FZ1, 06-R*
Reaction score
Visit site
He rides an sv650 and said I thought our bikes were suppose to be in the same class......... classic imo:BLAA:

Stock FZ6 dyno's around 85-90HP,
Stock SV650 dyno's around 65-70HP
Not really the same class to start with. Dyno runs and HP figures vary from one dyno to another, and one day to the next, but here's a good example of the power difference between the two bikes in pure stock form.

It would be nice to figure out how to help the FZ6's flat spot (Dip) between 5K and 7K RPM.
146_0606_01_z+fun_factor_preview+horsepower_dyno.jpg

Last edited:

fazed_ya

Reaction score
Visit site
No unfortunately I did not take any pics but basically just take the air box cover off look at the air inlet at front of box cover. Use a dremel cut out the inlet to the width of the inlet clean it up and presto. I have a k&n. I noticed improved sound and faster rpm gains from idle to 5k but I'm not a dnyo so.

fazed_ya

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I know it was just funny when he got off the bike and was like whoa!!! Awesome

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Two completely different engines really. They have similar capacities, but our extra 2 cylinders greatly affect the max HP, the torque, the max revs and where they kick in. The SV should be quicker off the line though due to the way a twin delivers it's power and of course it's quite a bit lighter too.

Phil_RC_1

07-FZ6, 09-FZ1, 06-R*
Reaction score
Visit site
Two completely different engines really. They have similar capacities, but our extra 2 cylinders greatly affect the max HP, the torque, the max revs and where they kick in. The SV should be quicker off the line though due to the way a twin delivers it's power and of course it's quite a bit lighter too.

Good point, and it shows in the Dyno graph. Both the SV and the Ninja are twins and their power curves are similar (Kinda!), the 599 and FZ6 are inline 4's,,,and similar.