aftermarket pipes

moorala

Reaction score
Visit site
hi everyone, just been offered a set of akrapovic sp cans in s/steel for £350 almost new, no marks.has anyone any info on these cans reg.sound etc.i think the price is fair but not sure what the average price for 2nd hand akras are.any feedback would be appreciated.there may be a thread about them but i couldnt find it.ps.pipes are oval.

thebikergeek

Reaction score
Visit site
I always thought they were a bit over rated. £350 seems an alright price, I got a remus full system for around that though :)

Jacobien

Reaction score
Visit site
A full system means slip-ons with the pipes up until and including the cat eliminator. Two Brothers and Leo Vince have full systems, not sure about the others. I think $350 is quite okay, since most new systems cost $750.

Akrapovic sounds nice and you can expect a 2HP increase. They are just a bit boring to my mind, being round and all.

Peace

Bryan-

Reaction score
Visit site
Uhm, 350 dollars isn't the same as 350 pounds ;) A full system, in my eyes, also includes the front pipes but ok. I got my Leovince Carbon incl cat-eliminator for 430 euro's.. which is about 370 pounds i think. It's new :rockon:

motopete

Reaction score
Visit site
I just searched, and I could not find any full systems for FZ6. Could someone send a link? Because I don't think any company makes a header pipe.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I just searched, and I could not find any full systems for FZ6. Could someone send a link? Because I don't think any company makes a header pipe.
DEVIL do. It's be posted here a few times and can be googled. Also there's a cool youtube vid of someone making flames come out of the back of his devil cans! :)

Bryan-

Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch.... Well they don't anymore!

Message about Devil Exhaust to US customers and customers around the world:

Due to the actions of the CEO of DEVIL France, Devil Has declared Bankruptcy. We can no longer import Devil exhaust into the US market. They claim to still be able to sell to the US market, but please be aware that Devil France Failed to deliver Product to the US customers in the past, so choosing a different brand that is distributed in the US through a dealer may be your best choice to avoid issues getting your exhaust system and not losing your funds.

We will work to change the website to offer you new products from reliable manufacturers in the coming months.

Thank you,
Devilbikes.com

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
full system would mean including the headers. so devil dont manufacture them anymore.. no other company is doing it.. best we can have is slip on + link (mid) pipes. arrow, lazer and probably leo vince have the link pipes.

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not really sure that the down pipes would be any better from an aftermarket company tbh.About the only advantage would be if they were Ti,as there is ony really one bend and I'm pretty sure Yamaha would have got that right.If the exhaust companys could make something a lot better,then considering how many FZ's have been sold,all the pipe manufacturers would be flogging them.

N

Naykid

I'm not really sure that the down pipes would be any better from an aftermarket company tbh.About the only advantage would be if they were Ti,as there is ony really one bend and I'm pretty sure Yamaha would have got that right.If the exhaust companys could make something a lot better,then considering how many FZ's have been sold,all the pipe manufacturers would be flogging them.

YAMAHA isn't going to provide an exhaust system on FZ6 that will get the most hp....because if you do that....you lose some torque throughout the whole rpm range. Top of the line full systems hve header pipes that are tapered in diameter...and have crossover pipes welded in near the cylinder head. So yes....racing FULL SYSTEMS with tapered or even larger in diameter headers will provide more power than the "excellant all around system" that Yamaha provided as stock.

motopete

Reaction score
Visit site
Theres also power robbing catalytic converters in the header. So a good aftermarket race system would give more power and be lighter.