After the installation of a aftermarket Air filter or exhaust

jsp

Easyrider
Reaction score
Visit site
I've heard that after the installation of a aftermarket Air filter or exhaust or even both, we should disconnect the battery cable(s) to force the system to re-map the fuel injection... :confused: is it true?

BMC air filter and YOSHIMURA exhaust installed.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just installed my K & N Air Filter this afternoon. Purchased at Autozone for $52 including tax. Had to order it, but came in about two business days.

This is what my stock air filter looked like after 16,500 miles. The front was pretty nasty but the back of the filter remained relatively clean. By comparing the two filters, it definately appears that the K & N will allow more air flow.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've heard that after the installation of a aftermarket Air filter or exhaust or even both, we should disconnect the battery cable(s) to force the system to re-map the fuel injection... :confused: is it true?

BMC air filter and YOSHIMURA exhaust installed.

Thanks in advance.

I tried this step yesterday and it seemed to smooth things out. I also installed the K&N while the battery was disconnected. You got nothing to loose by trying it out. How do you like your Yoshi, was it a slip on or full?

jsp

Easyrider
Reaction score
Visit site
JPN??? Where are those pipes from and what does JPN stands for. How much for it?

the price was a bit high: 750 €, Bought on a yamaha and motorsporsts dealer.

The US version is cheaper than the JPN but it's not the same...