After market exhaust with cat eliminator pipe.

cp04

Dunder Mifflin Employee
Reaction score
Visit site
I need someone else's opinion. I had a stock exhaust and an Arrow cat elim mid pipe before and just put on an M4 slip on. I'm just wondering if anyone else who has an after market exhaust and mid pipe on their FZ finds the exhaust to be too loud. I've had a 2bros slip on on my R6 and a full Jardine exhaust on my VTR1000 and I don't think either was this loud. This is hurt your ears while riding loud. I think part of it could be the fact that I haven't had an after market exhaust on a bike in about a year but just wanted to hear what others had to say.
Thanks.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a twobros(one of the loudest by dba ratings) along with a cat delete pipe.
The cat delete pipe does make it a bit louder.

I'm fine with it being relatively loud(still quieter than a harley with straight pipes), but after 2 hours of riding my hearing is a little numb. Of course that's the ears way of protecting itself.

If I rode everyday for commuting/touring, I would say it's too loud. But for the weekend warrior it's fine.

cp04

Dunder Mifflin Employee
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a twobros(one of the loudest by dba ratings) along with a cat delete pipe.
The cat delete pipe does make it a bit louder.

I'm fine with it being relatively loud(still quieter than a harley with straight pipes), but after 2 hours of riding my hearing is a little numb. Of course that's the ears way of protecting itself.

If I rode everyday for commuting/touring, I would say it's too loud. But for the weekend warrior it's fine.

Well at least its not me. I ride almost every day so I think I'll try putting the cat back on and see if it helps make it more bearable.

cp04

Dunder Mifflin Employee
Reaction score
Visit site
I put the cat back on today. I went for a short ride afterwards and I'm thinking its at a bearable level again. I'm gonna ride it for a couple more days before I decide whether to leave it on or not.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great that it's bearable again. I was having similar thoughts.

I have put the dB killers back onto my Leo Vince pipes now, although not as loud, still sounds great, so I'll be leaving them in again now.

Glad you got your problem sorted.

:rockon:

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
I need someone else's opinion. I had a stock exhaust and an Arrow cat elim mid pipe before and just put on an M4 slip on. I'm just wondering if anyone else who has an after market exhaust and mid pipe on their FZ finds the exhaust to be too loud.

Yes, without the street baffles installed, my 2004 FZ6 with Laser Quads and cat eliminator is too loud. With the street baffles installed, it's just right. :)

cp04

Dunder Mifflin Employee
Reaction score
Visit site
I would have definately tried DB killers before putting the cat back on but unfortunately don't have them. I think I'll try the ear plugs out for highway driving.