Afraid to start my bike... :(

racing_fan

Not so Junior Member
Reaction score
picasaweb.google.com
Due to my hand getting fractured (and some other reasons beyond my control) i have not attended to my bike since july, when i just parked it up in the garage after a 250 mile ride. By now the baterry must have gotten drained but have a battery tender so no worries there. But i am worried about codensation in the tank. Also its been on the side stand so worried about tyres.

The hand has healed up bit so i wanted to connect the battery tender and turn the bad boy over but is there any precautions/remidies to avoid possible issues with condensation in the fuel? Any pointers will be appriciated...

You could drain the tank and fill it with fresh fuel but I would just fill it up and take it for a ride. If it runs rough there are plenty of fuel additives you can drop in. But 3 months is not that big a deal.

Stop worrying .... condensation won't be a problem, just top up the tank and ride. Prior to that air up the tires to spec. Sitting for three months is not an issue.

Throw a can of ISO-HEET in there to take water out of fuel. It worked wonders on my Mazda 3 when water got into gas. Pick it up at any auto store.

Back