Afraid to start my bike... :(

racing_fan

Not so Junior Member
Reaction score
picasaweb.google.com
Due to my hand getting fractured (and some other reasons beyond my control) i have not attended to my bike since july, when i just parked it up in the garage after a 250 mile ride. By now the baterry must have gotten drained but have a battery tender so no worries there. But i am worried about codensation in the tank. Also its been on the side stand so worried about tyres.

The hand has healed up bit so i wanted to connect the battery tender and turn the bad boy over but is there any precautions/remidies to avoid possible issues with condensation in the fuel? Any pointers will be appriciated...

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
You could drain the tank and fill it with fresh fuel but I would just fill it up and take it for a ride. If it runs rough there are plenty of fuel additives you can drop in. But 3 months is not that big a deal.

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site
Stop worrying .... condensation won't be a problem, just top up the tank and ride. Prior to that air up the tires to spec. Sitting for three months is not an issue.

Kaisersoze

Reaction score
Visit site
Throw a can of ISO-HEET in there to take water out of fuel. It worked wonders on my Mazda 3 when water got into gas. Pick it up at any auto store.