Advice on what to do with insurance payout

What should I do?

• Nothing. Keep the money and keep riding.

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Trade in damaged bike, pay $2800 and get new 2009 FZ6.

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Give greedy dealer $2800 to fix the bike.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't received any money yet, but the estimate from the stealership is $2800!!! I may or may not receive damages from my injuries from the accident. Damage TO ME seems cosmetic, they say they have to align the fork and the handlebar, but they look ok to me. I did turn the handbar all the way left and right and the space between the tank is not same on both side. Not a big deal I think.

The only thing I want to fix myself is the front fairing, it popped off a little on the left side. See pic. Anyone can guide me on how to fix this? I would be gladly appreciated.

Now I need your advice. Should I just keep riding as is and keep the insurance money? Or should I trade the bike in as is and spend $2800 (if the dealer will accept the offer) and get a brand new 2009 FZ6. Or should I just give the dealer $2800 and get the bike fixed. I'm going to make a poll.

Last edited:

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
if that bike is safe to ride keep the money. The dealer will rip you off with un-needed repairs. Take that money and get the bike cleaned up and fix the cosmetic stuff yourself. You'd be surprised what you can accomplish. Go naked and get yourself some new gear too. At least that's what i would do.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
I haven't received any money yet, but the estimate from the stealership is $2800!!! I may or may not receive damages from my injuries from the accident. Damage TO ME seems cosmetic, they say they have to align the fork and the handlebar, but they look ok to me. I did turn the handbar all the way left and right and the space between the tank is not same on both side. Not a big deal I think.

The only thing I want to fix myself is the front fairing, it popped off a little on the left side. See pic. Anyone can guide me on how to fix this? I would be gladly appreciated.

Now I need your advice. Should I just keep riding as is and keep the insurance money? Or should I trade the bike in as is and spend $2800 (if the dealer will accept the offer) and get a brand new 2009 FZ6. Or should I just give the dealer $2800 and get the bike fixed. I'm going to make a poll.
To reset the 'ear', I think all you need to do is remove all the screws holding it in place, then install it again. Looks like the tab has popped out of it's 'ear'.

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
This coming from a guy who uses profanities and wishes ill to other people. Could you get a life dude? I got broadsided by an SUV making a left turn at 10mph. How is that being a hooligan? I wish you well Pogo.

Last edited by a moderator:

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
You asked so me personally, IMHO: I would take the money, trade the bike and get myself a new FZ6 while these fine machines are still available.
There may be some frame damage somewhere that you cannot see, (ie; the difference in the turning from lock to lock).

Distant second choice: Get a new bike and transform this one into a track bike and/or go naked.

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
did i miss something??

Sorry for the confusion. My reply was to 'Pogo', who I had a run-in with from the ex-500.com Forum. Evidently, he doesn't approve of my 'aggressive' riding style and wished that I crash and die, using profanities along the way. Well, half his wishes came true. I guess he had to come here and register so he can laugh at my misfortune.

His post was deleted, I don't know by him or someone else.

Duster

Reaction score
Visit site
Are you the same tcmalker who posted video of yourself driving like an hooligan on their FZ6 on ex-500.com website after alluding to being a police officer, then got flamed for their driving, then deleted all incriminating posts and denied making them?

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
What are you talking about? I posted a review of the contourHD 1080p and I posted a sample video on the site. What you saw is what it is. That's how I ride, 'aggressive'. If you don't like it, then that's your problem. Why can't you guys just leave me alone?

Are you the same tcmalker who posted video of yourself driving like an hooligan on their FZ6 on ex-500.com website after alluding to being a police officer, then got flamed for their driving, then deleted all incriminating posts and denied making them?

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
What are you talking about? I posted a review of the contourHD 1080p and I posted a sample video on the site. What you saw is what it is. That's how I ride, 'aggressive'. If you don't like it, then that's your problem. Why can't you guys just leave me alone?

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt fella.

If you posted up things on another site,well thats that,but I doubt if I'm alone in not wanting to hear tales of how you ride aggressively everywhere and generally piss people off.Chill out on here.It's a great Forum

Daz. :thumbup:

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
Still debating...insurance money is coming soon!

Here's my concerns.

How do I know there isn't any hidden damage (cracked frame, etc) if I continue to ride this bike. For now it ride absolutely fine. But what if something goes wrong while I'm riding it?

Should I get the new FZ6 right away? I'm really afraid the 2009 FZ6 (black) will be no longer available. I want a brand new one! right now there's another dealership that's selling it for $5299. I think I can get it OTD for $6400. Assuming the dealership take my trade in and $2800, it's an even trade for me, sort of.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
it seems like you have made your decision already.. if your really into the 09 black and you can work a deal and swing it,, then GO FOR IT... its not like your buying a piece, you already know that the fz6 is an awsome bike.. besides, if your worried about frame damage and stuff, then you'll prolly always worry, and wont ride the bike to "your" or its fullest potential...

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
One of my friends just got 2,200 from insurance for his bike that was damaged when someone attempted to steal it. He spent about $200 so far and has been riding it. I don't think he is very concerned about the cosmetic issues.

I recommend doing something like that.

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
I received the money from the insurance company. At first they wanted to send the check to the dealer with both our names on it (essentially forcing me to fix the bike at the dealership). I said "no, send the check to me". They said they have to send it to the dealer. I said "no, it's my bike and I'll get it fix wherever I want to get it fixed". They asked if I own the bike, I said yes and sent them copy of the title. At that point they've already sent the dealer the check. But once I sent insurance the copy of the title, they reissued the check to me and told the dealer to disregard the check they received.

This was about a week or so ago. The dealer keeps calling me, almost daily. I don't pick up the phone. They left messages saying they want to talk to me about fixing my bike. I wish they would just leave me alone.

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
off topic: do you still have the video posted up somewhere? i want to know what all the ruckuss is about

Sorry, there's no videos. I've been told no one wants to see me ride 'aggressively'. Besides, you're too young to be watching those kind of videos, you might pick up a bad habit or two. ;)