Acumen DG8 plug-n-play loom

alanjonesbath

Reaction score
Visit site
One of the first mods I want to do to my FZ6 is to fit a gear indicator. I like the look of the Acumen, so went looking for a plug-n-play loom, as I'd rather not have to worry about soldering the wires in. There wasn't one on their website, so I e-mailed them. They were very quick to respond, and said they were 99% sure that the loom with ref. code 43014 (the one for the 99-04 600 Fazer) would fit.

Has anyone tried that loom, or does anyone know how similar the connectors on the old Fazer are to the FZ6 Fazer?

To be fair to them, they said if it didn't work they'd either 'sort it out' or give me a refund, but if someone else has already tried that loom and failed, then I won't have to go through that hassle.

No idea where on the bike I'm going to fit the unit yet, so if anyone has any pictures of one installed on an 04-06 model FZ6 feel free to post them to give me ideas :)

goker

------------
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
One of the first mods I want to do to my FZ6 is to fit a gear indicator. I like the look of the Acumen, so went looking for a plug-n-play loom, as I'd rather not have to worry about soldering the wires in. There wasn't one on their website, so I e-mailed them. They were very quick to respond, and said they were 99% sure that the loom with ref. code 43014 (the one for the 99-04 600 Fazer) would fit.

Has anyone tried that loom, or does anyone know how similar the connectors on the old Fazer are to the FZ6 Fazer?

To be fair to them, they said if it didn't work they'd either 'sort it out' or give me a refund, but if someone else has already tried that loom and failed, then I won't have to go through that hassle.

No idea where on the bike I'm going to fit the unit yet, so if anyone has any pictures of one installed on an 04-06 model FZ6 feel free to post them to give me ideas :)

There are plenty on this forum. Just search for Acuman. Here is one example:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-tos/736-acuman-digi-gear-easy-mod.html

Here is another one:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/australia/6204-my-gear-indicator-just-arrived-3.html

What year is your bike? No, they are not compatible between different year ranges, but, it is not that big of a deal to install them. There are plenty "how to" listed here as well. Search is your friend. :)