Activating Speedo to see Mileage off bike.

bensexcessbikes

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone -

I searched, but couldn't find anything...

I have a speedo cluster from an '04 FZ6 that I need to activate to see the mileage, it is currently off the bike, can you give me advice about what wires to use to turn it on and see the mileage?

Thanks,

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't help you man but perhaps if you contacted the folks in California? They may not even answer you but what the heck? Good luck!
(I think that the schematics are available at the Yamaha website if that would help you)

S

Shamus McFeeley

You're going to have to shoot some wires and see where the power comes in from. You are probably going to also have to jumper the wires that would connect to the main ignition switch in order to fool the cluster into thinking it was still on the bike. I see on the schematic that power comes in from several areas. I see the most common wire is the red/green wire, with the other wires filling in for the different sensors. I can't say for sure that just adding 12vdc to any combination of two wires will even work. I'm not sure what the cluster needs to see in terms of sensors in order to display anything. It's entirely possible that you could apply 12vdc to the red/green and yellow wire and it would work, but I can't guarantee that.

bensexcessbikes

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, thanks for the information. I will have to attempt the wires mentioned above tonight... haven't had luck probing them in the past though.

I am thinking that the gauge cluster is just a "display" which reads the information from the little Mitsubishi computer under the seat.