Accessory Plug

koolcat

Reaction score
Visit site
Lookin to add a plug to charge cell phone or whatever else I need to plug in, didnt see any threads about it, but Im sure its been done anyone have ideas about how to to do this? Thanks
2007 Fz6

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Lookin to add a plug to charge cell phone or whatever else I need to plug in, didnt see any threads about it, but Im sure its been done anyone have ideas about how to to do this? Thanks
2007 Fz6

I put one on the left side of the plastics. I tied into the head light circuit because I just use it to charge my phone and maybe a GPS hook up. If you're going to use it for an air compressor then go to the battery. I liked the headlight circuit because I'm drawing so little additional current it doesn't effect anything and when I turn off the key, the circuit turns off. Of course use an inline fuse.
I got a decent quality lighter socket from West Marine.
Hope this helps.:D

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I made a bracket to bolt behind the left pillion peg and attached a BMW style socket to it (powerlet) to the forward (or left) of the stock bracket. I wired it direct to the battery (with a fuse). Works great with heated gear, battery charger, air pump, etc.. I also used the same bracket to move the left helmet lock out some(on the other side of the stock bracket). (BTW, There's a duplicate helmet lock on the right side too-same set up).

Last edited:

Distephano

Reaction score
Visit site
I mounted one vertically to the left of the speedometer in the gray plastic trim. I bought a marine grade one with stainless internals and a rubber cap to keep it dry inside when not in use.

I just ran two ring terminals right to the battery with a 10 amp fuse inline. Worked out pretty nice.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited: