A New Rider

jdodge963

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys hows it goin? Im a new rider and am looking to get an 07' FZ6. Im a heavier dude and i was wondering if anyone here knew how well the FZ6 might be for heavier guys(~230 lbs). Any advice or thoughts are welcomed/wanted.

Thank You

Jeremy

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the best forum! We have a great family here. Your weight won't be an issue. The best thing is to see how the ergos fit you.

The FZ6 really starts to pull from 8000rpm and up. :)

Sent from my XT907

Sean1274

Reaction score
Visit site
I am 250 and it does great with me. I don't know what I look like on it, but I don't care. It is great bike and it has plenty of power.:rockon:

jdodge963

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you all for the Welcomes and the quick response. This is almost most definetly the bike i will be getting. I hope to be on 2 wheels as soon as possible.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
To start on, the stock suspension will be fine at your weight. If you decide to grow with this bike in terms of speed and skill, you may want to get the springs re-sprung to your weight. This will greatly improve the handling of the bike.

adberns

Reaction score
Visit site
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait .... 230 is a heavier dude?!?!?! I am doomed! ;)

The weight won't be an issue at all, as others have said. The bike has plenty of power. How tall are you?