A new chapter in life!

norcalwelder

Reaction score
Visit site
I was sworn into the Army as a Warrant Officer Candidate on Tuesday. I'm leaving for training a couple days after Christmas. There will be lots of training in my future, I will be going to the Army's flight school this summer after several months of ground training. It should be a total of 24 months. Been working on this for 11 months and suddenly it's happening! I'm so excited I can hardly sit still. My dream job has been to fly attack in the Army and it is incredibly exciting to see it shaping up. I'm single and 22, so now is the time to git 'er done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations and Good luck to you! Stay in touch with us! :rockon:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We'll have that coffee & a ride when you're stationed back here at Ft. Carson :thumbup:
I know you'll be busy, but try to pop in once in awhile, let us know how you're doing :hug:

norcalwelder

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you for the kind words everybody! This has been my dream for so long I have no words for how excited I am. And I will keep y'all posted on my adventures. Right now I am trying to figure out what all to pack into my last 30 days! It's a fun time to be alive.

ErikNYC

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice to see it all adding up!

Good luck to you. You will be getting the best flight training out there. From one pilot to another. Enjoy!

norcalwelder

Reaction score
Visit site
I think the saddest part so far is putting my FZ6 in the barn under it's BBQ cover where it will sit, sad and lonely, for 5 months! It's got fresh oil, fuel stabilizer, lots of lube on the chain. I think she'll be ok but still, I hate seeing it looking so forlorn and abandoned!

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I think the saddest part so far is putting my FZ6 in the barn under it's BBQ cover where it will sit, sad and lonely, for 5 months! It's got fresh oil, fuel stabilizer, lots of lube on the chain. I think she'll be ok but still, I hate seeing it looking so forlorn and abandoned!

I feel a little sorry for the BBQ now that it's lost its cover and having to stay out in the elements and all. Blah

If you haven't, you also may want to yank the battery and put it on a tender so in 5 months it will be ready when are. And BTW thanks for your service. :thumbup:

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Is the barn in NorCal? I'd be happy to go flog....opps, I mean ride your bike once a month just to keep the fluids moving.:thumbup:
It's the least I could do for one our our finest in the military.

norcalwelder

Reaction score
Visit site
I feel a little sorry for the BBQ now that it's lost its cover and having to stay out in the elements and all. Blah

If you haven't, you also may want to yank the battery and put it on a tender so in 5 months it will be ready when are. And BTW thanks for your service. :thumbup:

I actually specifically bought a BBQ cover for my bike because it fit really well, was waterproof, and more sturdy then the bike covers I've seen! I think it's a 78" cover if memory serves. My uncle is going to start the bike up every couple weeks for me and plug it in to a charger when he thinks of it. There is no power in the barn but there is a generator and he'll just plug in a battery maintainer when he thinks of it and charge it up and run it. Not ideal but I think it will be ok, especially if the bike is run every couple weeks.

norcalwelder

Reaction score
Visit site
Is the barn in NorCal? I'd be happy to go flog....opps, I mean ride your bike once a month just to keep the fluids moving.:thumbup:

It's the least I could do for one our our finest in the military.

I would love to leave it at your house but the bike is in Pennsylvania at my Aunt and Uncle's place!

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I actually specifically bought a BBQ cover for my bike because it fit really well, was waterproof, and more sturdy then the bike covers I've seen! I think it's a 78" cover if memory serves. My uncle is going to start the bike up every couple weeks for me and plug it in to a charger when he thinks of it. There is no power in the barn but there is a generator and he'll just plug in a battery maintainer when he thinks of it and charge it up and run it. Not ideal but I think it will be ok, especially if the bike is run every couple weeks.

I had purchased a less expensive cover for a few years that finally dry rotted this year. So I do understand, however I bought a factory Yamaha cover from Amazon for about $100 and its great because fits perfect and keeps the bike dry. There is something to be said about uncovering a bike that's dry after a rain.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was sworn into the Army as a Warrant Officer Candidate on Tuesday. I'm leaving for training a couple days after Christmas. There will be lots of training in my future, I will be going to the Army's flight school this summer after several months of ground training. It should be a total of 24 months. Been working on this for 11 months and suddenly it's happening! I'm so excited I can hardly sit still. My dream job has been to fly attack in the Army and it is incredibly exciting to see it shaping up. I'm single and 22, so now is the time to git 'er done!

Whirlybirds eh? I was just reading about how they fly.It appears that they sit there and make these God-awful noises and shake with this terrifying vibrations until the ground gets scared and runs away!

Seriously, good luck and a heartfelt thanks for your service.

norcalwelder

Reaction score
Visit site
Whirlybirds eh? I was just reading about how they fly.It appears that they sit there and make these God-awful noises and shake with this terrifying vibrations until the ground gets scared and runs away!

Seriously, good luck and a heartfelt thanks for your service.

Now see, I always was told they were so ugly the ground repelled them!