A must see for the ATGATT crowd :)

JBravo

Jedi Knight
Reaction score
Visit site
If you take the odd shortcut and don't bother with the full gear sometimes, spare a thought for these guys - very common sight!

From Egypt with love :Flash:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Yikes. Granted, they are probably only riding at low speeds but still. Even a bump and "there goes junior!"
:eek:

tejkowskit

Gold Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The lack of gear isn't whats disturbing here lol. Doesnt take someone whose atgatt to see that this is effed up! Haha

Pagey

Tiger Boy
Reaction score
Visit site
As amusing as it is the scary thing is in Egypt at night they don't bother riding or driving with their headlights on !!!!

Crazy drivers/riders but lovely people... i have visited many many times on diving trips :rockon:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Seeing how close her flapping skirt is to the chain, and those two little kids she's hanging on to... :(

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
Saw this EVERY DAY in Afghanistan. Best I ever saw was a family of 7 on a crappy little xing xiao (or however you spell it) tooling down a gravel(ish) road at 35mpg (the driver wasn't quite so large.... nobody was....) But hey, it was about 105 degrees and the roads there are as bad for walking as riding. I'm not sure how anybody rode on those roads, though. We had to replace the suspension in our ford rangers ALL the time and those are a heck of a lot tougher than an $800 motorcycle.

Just to keep it in perspective, we actually had about 18 Afghan soldiers kill themselves when their 4dr ford ranger flipped.... doing 65 on a gravel road. How many can you fit in a car? 1 more...you can always fit one more....

And he's not kidding about the no headlights thing. Scares the hell out of you to get passed by a speeding dual axle truck at night and you can only hear it.

Last edited:

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
As much as I enjoyed seeing entire families (the size that would put a mormon to shame here) on a motorcycle while I was in Africa, the best I ever saw was a full grown bull, strapped to a board across the back of a 150cc Chinese made motorcycle (still alive and mooing at the top of its lungs) on his way to the market - going through a crowded market street (dirt road packed with pedestrians) at around 25mph. Horn was blaring, cow was moving, driver was yelling and people parted like the red sea.

EDIT: Forgot to mention - the bull wasn't wearing gloves or a helmet. How careless.

Last edited: