A favor plz. Need pic of 04-06 Exhaust Mount

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Specifically the frame area where the link attaches to the frame and drops towards the end of the Header.

I need to adapt an S1 header to an S2 frame. I was curious if the frame is the same? Few share the "dirty side" of the beast...

08 US, S2 looks like so:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Does an S1 have this center block? I doubt it! But a pic would clear that up! Tks

S1 header mounts to the side like so (need isolation bracket) :
55813d1420169155-08-fz6-condensed-build-thread-final-impact-06-3-jpg

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I did my best out in the cold. Let me know if you need a different shot.

Thanks Man! Rep point coming your way!

So, what does the isolator dog bone actually bolt too? Its just dark enough I can't tell. Key point being, does my 08 have that same item? Is it the back of the center stand??? Hose is right in the way.

55849d1420665152-favor-plz-need-pic-04-06-exhaust-mount-uploadfromtaptalk1420664752971-jpg

EDIT: looks to bolt directly to the frame and and S2's still have that part of the frame.
S1 hardware...
attachment.php

FWIW: that little bit of frame is now used to hold the tank vent hoses and O2 sensor wire....
View attachment 55857 View attachment 55858

Last edited:

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
The black mounting piece you see behind the hose is all connected.

The exhaust hanger connects to that black piece which then connects up to basically the same place as the center stand (if that makes sense).

So assuming you still have the center stand on your bike, the mounting should be pretty straight-forward.

Edit: You can actually see in the picture right below the center stand mounting bolt, is where the frame connects to the exhaust hanger. If you have that small drop down under the center stand bolt, then you are golden. If you don't, I would just make a small drop down tab and bolt it onto the same spot as the center stand bolt. Then you would just need to get that black hanger (used from a parts bike maybe, or order it new) and use a spacer to get it centered correctly.

Last edited:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
OK - scrapped through some pictures and looks like this bolt is at the bottom of the frame... Bike isn't here to look.

I'll get the hanger - somehow I fear the exhaust is gonna hit the pan....
attachment.php

Zoom Zoom Zoom in.... lol bottom RIGHT CORNER is your bikes frame I think. Maybe just a longer bolt going through to holt the hanger??? Time will tell!
attachment.php

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Why not just polish up your S2 header?

Seems it be much easier...

Cause its not ALL about bling!!!
Advancing the ignition timing, removal of the CATs (all of them) and adding fuel have eliminated throttle chop, increased throttle response and it simply runs better! I needed know what ditching the pre-cats in the header will do to it.
Although it was 38F yesterday, put 100 miles on it since valve adjustment and its a dream. Bike runs awesome! Id say its perhaps the way it was intended to be and has so few vibes, you'd never guess its between yer legs! :thumbup:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm very happy to go back in time in that regard, but you can keep the "other" S1 bits! I like S2 Raven! :D:D

That header coupled with the other mods and its fairly impressive! Very different in how she behave now vs a year ago!

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I should have added, mission complete. S1 header to S2 bike. Although it does fit, some choices have to be made to make it fit. Its in my build thread if you need to know.