A better rear shock option??

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I might give the guy a call tomorrow. Seems like a reasonable deal tho, plus it cant be any worse then the stock one:BLAA:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I might give the guy a call tomorrow. Seems like a reasonable deal tho, plus it cant be any worse then the stock one:BLAA:

Maybe fleebay a used one and send it to him so you keep you known good one?

The added touch of "I even add a schrader valve. . . " he has to or he can't fill it like the factory did. Factory must weld it while the environment is filled with gas or something???? Sure seems likes its worth a shot. Talk to him get him to express whats wrong and what he changes and how.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe fleebay a used one and send it to him so you keep you known good one?

The added touch of "I even add a schrader valve. . . " he has to or he can't fill it like the factory did. Factory must weld it while the environment is filled with gas or something???? Sure seems likes its worth a shot. Talk to him get him to express whats wrong and what he changes and how.

A minor update:

I put a call into the guy about modding the shock today, waiting for a call back. Also, found an 06 shock w/ 7100 miles on it for 40 bucks:thumbup:

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got one of these on the way. Will let you know how it turns out in comparison to stock, and to Öhlins. I imagine the Öhlins will be nicer on account of the adjustability, but not sure that will matter for my purposes.

Has anyone else installed and ridden theirs?

ejether

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got one of these on the way. Will let you know how it turns out in comparison to stock, and to Öhlins. I imagine the Öhlins will be nicer on account of the adjustability, but not sure that will matter for my purposes.

Does anyone know if an Ohlins off an mid 80's FZ600 would work on a 2006 the FZ6?
I can't seem to dredge up the lengths.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

PM me on what you think of it. The last I talked to Lonny he said he just did one and it came out great...might have been yours:rockon:

joemart

Reaction score
Visit site
I would like to hear a report on this too is I am interested in a reasonably priced upgrade for the rear shock.

My riding consists of riding to work during the week and ocasional two up touring at the weekends. The original rear shock is just not up to two up even without luggage.

Did he change the spring as well as reworking the shock?