70 and Sunny in Austin!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No rain, above 40 degrees, warm, finally. Lime Creek Road here I come!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No rain, above 40 degrees, warm, finally. Lime Creek Road here I come!
And you think rubbing our noses in it is gona win you friends lol. 6C here today, froze my tits off riding to work this morning. + side was the roads were all clear and I had a mental blast and got a couple of practice wheelies in.

DrBart2

Reaction score
Visit site
It was nice here today also. I didn't go riding though, I have a cold. I have violent sneezes. If I managed to still be on my FZ6 after a sneeze I wouldn't be able to see out of my full face helmet! I won't get descriptive here, just use a gross imagination!:eek:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
And you think rubbing our noses in it is gona win you friends lol. 6C here today, froze my tits off riding to work this morning. + side was the roads were all clear and I had a mental blast and got a couple of practice wheelies in.

Damn it! Its supposed to be 73 today! I guess I'll have to got ridding again...

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It was a short ride today. I could see clouds of cedar pollen blowing out of the cedar trees. I'd round a corner and see dust in the air thinking it was from a vehicle on a dirt road, nope! Just pollen. I lasted about 2 hours until I wanted to rip my eyes from their sockets! Never the less it is a beautiful day. Lots of Harley dudes, saw a couple of squadrons of Ducs moving very quickly, and the dorks on cruisers in shorts, tanks tops and Ray-Bans were out with the over-sized wife on the back. Worst of all was a super-sized dude with no gear at all, of course, on a metallic PURPLE Big Dog looking thing. Finally, saw a squid in a VTR (I think that was printed on his plastic side cover) almost get tagged by a Camry at a free way exit! The Camry decided to exit at the last second and almost pinned the squid against the Jersey barrier! It's all good! :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
70's in January, that's something to take advantage of, usually in the 40's if I remember right. I remember Bee Caves Road and 2222 to 620 around Lake Travis. Where does Lime Creek Road come in?

Take 2222 all the way past 620 (west) to the only stop sign in Volente. Make a right at the stop sign and hit it! It goes about 7 or 8 miles and ends up on Anderson Mill Road.

The weather here is all over the map in the late winter and early spring. I can recall in February one year it froze, an ice storm, and the city was pretty much closed for a day, then 3 weeks later is was 99 degrees!

Y

yukon_alex

Take a 100 degrees off that and that's what I came home to! Bit chilly here in the Yukon.

Alex

rgatling

Reaction score
Visit site
There were many bikes out today. Four of my friends and I checked out some new roads east and west of Dripping Springs/Wimberley. Not a long ride for us--about 160 miles.

You're right about the pollen. We saw a large truck go by two large cedar trees and it looked like they were smoking (on fire). Incredible!

I rode the Blackbird and got to stretch her legs a bit :D

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hate you Texas guys!:D

a colleague of mine moved to Texas Heart Institute to work in Cardiac Cath Lab, most people here quoted a line from an Officer and a Gentleman. "Only two things in Texas boy....... steers and queers..................."
Just kidding of course. It's been in the 40's and 50's here, hell good enough to ride I say. Yeah.:D

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
a colleague of mine moved to Texas Heart Institute to work in Cardiac Cath Lab, most people here quoted a line from an Officer and a Gentleman. "Only two things in Texas boy....... steers and queers..................."
Just kidding of course. It's been in the 40's and 50's here, hell good enough to ride I say. Yeah.:D

That was "Full Metal Jacket". :D R. Lee Ermey is my hero! I got a phone call from him the night the Iraq war started. I had just joint his fan club and he personally calls everyone who joins. He was telling me about his latest movie at the time, "Wilard". When I joined I bought one of his "motivational" dolls. I gave that to my Supply SGT who was a Marine, she loved it, I think she sleeps with it. Welcome to R. Lee Ermey.com NOW DROP AND GIVE ME 25! "I expect 110% right now, or I will drive your dick in the dirt."

Hit about 76 today, then a cold front hit from the north and it is now 55.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm so jealous about the 76 only since I got to go out riding. Tomorrow is shot, since I'm pulling a double shift. Darn.:mad:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm so jealous about the 76 only since I got to go out riding. Tomorrow is shot, since I'm pulling a double shift. Darn.:mad:

The wind was crazy, gusts to 35mph! I have to ride elevated highways to get to work and it blows even hard up there, I took the truck today.