50,000 Miles Club

paper

Multibike disorder..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The beauty of California is that it is big, with varied geography and people. If you don't like most L.A people (and who outside of L.A. does?), there is San Francisco which has a more arty vibe. If you want more conservative military people combined with a twist of laid back, try San Diego. If you want very conservative and affordable housing, try the San Joaquin Valley. Want laid back with a slow pace of life, and have lots of money to spend on a house? Try the central coast.

I've been from one end to the other (several times), and there wasn't a single spot that interested me one bit as a place of residence.. Again, for those that like it, FANTASTIC!! :cheer:

Right now I'm upset because the BT020's that are on my FZ have 8500 miles and are toast.. I'm well into the wear bar on the rear. On the other hand, I was well aware of this when I bought the bike last week, and was glad to get a safe weekend ride out of it..
My new tires are sitting in a friend's shop and can't be put on until Monday. Guess it's a BMW weekend.;)

I like the fact that everyone's mentioning that the bike remains tight after 50K miles.. It's a good thing to know..

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on reaching 50000 miles! Here's what my bike and I accomplished a few days ago. (About half of your miles but if you stop riding for a bit and I start riding more..........

fiz2.jpg

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for your post man. I always enjoy hearing of owners obtaining such high mileage out of these great machines. (It says a lot about the bikes and it says a lot about the owners as well)
Some bikes are works of art and some are junk brand new. I've heard of bikes with less than 5000 miles blowing up and I had a friend that over 50,000 miles on his two-stroke street bike. It's all interesting to me.
Congratulations and thanks again for telling us about it!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After 1228 days coming off the showroom floor, brand spanking new.

P1010049.jpg

Out of 13,000 forum members, I'm not sure how many of have reached this milestone. Off the top of my head, only five Gosling (where are you)? Bmccrary, Dunno, Cali Rider and Calidin. If I missed anyone, post up!

This picture was take on the 20th of August 2010 when I was in LA for the big Pow Wow between the Northern and Southern California members

Bike is a 2006, but purchased brand new on April 10 2007. That's an average of 41 miles or 66 km a day
Nice one Kenny,

I have had my bike for 1382 days and covered 25644 km's

Nelly

Fizzer600

Reaction score
Visit site
im hoping to join the elite club this year my dash just turned 30,000miles this morning on the way to work:thumbup: not bad seems as though i bought it new sept 2009.

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure if I'll ever be a member of this club. I only have about 4,000 mi on the bike so far and I'm looking at getting an additional one soon.

cookies

Reaction score
Visit site
After 1228 days coming off the showroom floor, brand spanking new.

P1010049.jpg

Out of 13,000 forum members, I'm not sure how many of have reached this milestone. Off the top of my head, only five Gosling (where are you)? Bmccrary, Dunno, Cali Rider and Calidin. If I missed anyone, post up!

This picture was take on the 20th of August 2010 when I was in LA for the big Pow Wow between the Northern and Southern California members

Bike is a 2006, but purchased brand new on April 10 2007. That's an average of 41 miles or 66 km a day

Anyone notice in his pic, the little : between the time is missing :p or is this supposed to happen, they say digital clocks like this blink off for a split second every 19033 Seconds. that's alot of seconds. So if that's true and you took the picture at that exact time, that's like what... one in a trillion odds.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Good to see so many high mileage FZ6's!

I've got a ways to go, I'm only at 14,000 miles on MY 2006! My lack of body fat means I don't ride normally until the temperture is above 50 F at 7am when I leave for work which pretty much means April - October is my riding season. Owning a 2 seat roadster also takes away from the FZ6 riding as it's nice to carry a passenger AND luggage and be able to take pictures while driving in the mountains.

That said, with fuel prices skyrocketing I plan to hit the 25K mark before the end of 2011! :rockon:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well I'm not in the same league as Kenny and Co but I notched up 50,000 yesterday, OK it was in KM's :BLAA:

I bought the bike new in June 2007.

IMG_1697.JPG

I went out for a ride yesterday evening (after the kids had gone to bed), which gave me about an hour of daylight :thumbup:

Here are a couple of pics:

IMG_1686.JPG

IMG_1691.JPG

IMG_1694.JPG

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well I'm not in the same league as Kenny and Co but I notched up 50,000 yesterday, OK it was in KM's :BLAA:

I bought the bike new in 2007.

IMG_1697.JPG

I went out for a ride yesterday evening (after the kids had gone to bed), which gave me about an hour of daylight :thumbup:

Here are a couple of pics:

IMG_1686.JPG

IMG_1691.JPG

IMG_1694.JPG
Nice one Martin,

Picture 1 & 3 BOTM for me mate.

Nelly

PS Was the fella painting the line down the middle of the road in picture 3 drunk?

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice one Martin,

Picture 1 & 3 BOTM for me mate.

Nelly

PS Was the fella painting the line down the middle of the road in picture 3 drunk?

no he was doing "Double Dutch" ;)

Actually the road is quite narrow ,with passing places (but there is great visability) they tend to bring the edging lines closer together if there is a soft verge.

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I miss the Netherlands. I will have to come back and visit sometime. I can fly for free to London on Virgin. I guess I can take the train to France and beyond. Does anyone know how much the rail cost these days?

Kind of getting off topic here, but it's okay, my thread.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I miss the Netherlands. I will have to come back and visit sometime. I can fly for free to London on Virgin. I guess I can take the train to France and beyond. Does anyone know how much the rail cost these days?

More than flying with Virgin mate.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Sorry Kenny I have no experience with rail travel in europe, this might help but to be honest I'm just taking a shot in the dark. This is the quickest way to france/Belgium by train

In Holland they often have special train offers during the summer holidays.

I think it depends on your plans and how far you're planning to travel. Personally I found cheap airlines the best way to get into London from the Netherlands, here are a couple:
Easyjet
Ryan Air

Be aware you have to pay seperately for pieces of luggage, don't expect the best service, but it's cheap.
Unfortunately to get the best prices you have to book in plenty of time which might restrict going at your own pace.

Here's a bus company I've used in the past (with varied experiences)

Hope I helped in some small way kenny:thumbup:

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry Kenny I have no experience with rail travel in europe, this might help but to be honest I'm just taking a shot in the dark. This is the quickest way to france/Belgium by train

In Holland they often have special train offers during the summer holidays.

I think it depends on your plans and how far you're planning to travel. Personally I found cheap airlines the best way to get into London from the Netherlands, here are a couple:
Easyjet
Ryan Air

Be aware you have to pay seperately for pieces of luggage, don't expect the best service, but it's cheap.
Unfortunately to get the best prices you have to book in plenty of time which might restrict going at your own pace.

Here's a bus company I've used in the past (with varied experiences)

Hope I helped in some small way kenny:thumbup:

Thanks Martin,

I am familiar with Easy Jet and Ryan, but I prefer the rail. The real fast ones, I think they call them TGV or something.

Maybe next summer.

SAAVA

Reaction score
Visit site
I went over 50,000 miles a couple months ago. Right now I am a little over 53,000. They are all miles since I bought it new in April of 09. Interesting fact is that since moving to Florida last year, I did over 23,000 miles in a one year time span (May to May). It helps that my commute is about 110 miles every day. The other interesting fact is that I have about 20,000 miles on my rear tire, a PR2. I should probably do a post once it goes to let you know how miles it goes.