4th puncture this year!!!! help me

Dannyrose1

Reaction score
Visit site
Look im fed up with getting punctures i cant be bothered with them
Anymore it makes me so so so so angry and frustrated.

Early on in the year i had a nail ok yes it happens, got it plugged.
The week after it got plugged a piece of barbed wire in my tyre, replaced the tyre
So last week i find another nail in my tyre got it plugged
Todat i find a tiny bit of metal im my
Tyre!!! Its leaking air but slowly!

I check my tyres before i leave and after so i know its not malicious
Am i just unlucky? My road positioning is fine i follow the cars tracks
Im a daily commuter and weekend rider i cant keep buying rear tyres

Considering buying a car...

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
First thing that comes to mind is the area you ride through. (It could also just be bad luck). I don't know if there's a construction site you drive by regularly or what. Try changing your route?

Dannyrose1

Reaction score
Visit site
Nah no construction sites
So one nail one barbed wire a random tiny nail and unknown peice of metal in my tyre
Currently they are just random **** you find on the road
I cant change my route to work there isnt another way lol
I just feel like ive lost all hope
Coz this one is a slow one i mite get some od that stuff you pump into your tyre that could block it up hopefully for the rest of tyres life...

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
Nah no construction sites
So one nail one barbed wire a random tiny nail and unknown peice of metal in my tyre
Currently they are just random **** you find on the road
I cant change my route to work there isnt another way lol
I just feel like ive lost all hope
Coz this one is a slow one i mite get some od that stuff you pump into your tyre that could block it up hopefully for the rest of tyres life...

Have you tried any of the products like Slime? Slime works wonders for tubeless tires and isn't too expensive. If you do get a puncture, you'll need to add some air, but the tire should still be alright.

Shiny_side_up

Reaction score
Visit site
perhaps you could take 2 push brooms and attach them to the front forks in a V configuration to sweep debris away from the tires while you ride? Kind of a 2-wheeled street sweeper. :)

Sorry, it's nearly 5pm on a Friday and my brain is bored.

JONJONsocal

UNKNOWN HOON
Reaction score
Visit site
That kind of crap just happens.. I got 3 holes on one tire.. the 1st one let the air out.. Plugged it. second one same thing, plugged it again, then bringing the bike home from the mechanic it completely lost air.. and it had nothing to do with the other 2 holes.. all this happened to my VTR. I had a Fz6 and never even picked a nail with it.. nothing at all. I rode both bikes on the same streets every day.. It could be your guardian angel for all I know. I get a little reckless with my VTR some times..

Get new tires with road hazard warranty.. Good luck..

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
I went through a stage of getting loads of punctures.
Most had them in nearly worn tyres, though once in a 1000 miles old tyre, I felt sick!
If you use your bike to commute and filter a lot it's had to not get them as you'll always be on part of the road that has all the dust and crap laying around.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Make sure your tires are running just slightly offset or exactly where the car tires are running on the roadway. Besides avoiding debris, it also keeps the oil / grease dripping off cages off your tires (very dangerous)

This is especially important on corners where debris (nails, etc) collect.

I was getting about the same # of punctures as you. Once I made a bead breaker (and could now remove the rear tire from the wheel), haven't had one since, probably 1.5 years (knocking on wood!)

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Danny, it sounds like you've just had a run of bad luck. Take a deep breath and keep riding, is about all I can give you. :(

I've put 24,000 miles on my Fizzer and now 9,000 on my beemer, and just had my first flat last week. Was tickled to be taking off my rear wheel (shaft drive) so easily, but snapped off the Torx bit, went home and got my electric impact wrench, still couldn't get any bolts loose, and had to have it towed. Decided to replace both tires (almost time) and so I'm looking at an absolutely beautiful weekend, with no bike. :(

Dannyrose1

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys for all of your opinions, it seems yeah its just my turn my bad luck streak
I look it this way, it can be patched no one got hurt and my bike is fine
I rode the bike the same routes for about 10k and never had one, i guess its more of a pain in the arse than anything else, i love to broom
Idea i was thinking huge electronic magnet haha