2nd Annual FZ Forums Texas Campout Oct 9 - 11

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
Bump for this thread. Three days to go, and there's still room in the cabin.

If we get rained out, Pete and I are bringing our fishing rods for an alternate activity!

Fred

Yea...the Leakey area is going to have the best weather of the year on Saturday and Sunday. I would not miss it for all the tea in China.

080724_NTR_21_FM337_01.jpg

See you there.

Fred

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Of course, this happened the weekend after my leave ended.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Leaving work now! I promise lots of photos and some video.

A cold front blew in this morning; rained cats and dogs at 5:30 am, and its now 55 degrees!!!! It is going to be a chilly ride tonight. :eek:

Here's to keeping the shiny side up!!! :thumbup:

See ya in a few days.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Checking in. I arrived home safely and soaked in the jaccuzi tub for half an hour to warm up again.

The Saturday weather was perfect. The Sunday weather was colder and wetter, especially as we approached Austin.

Fred

Kilbane83

Member With Members
Reaction score
Visit site
I made it in, had a great ride Sat guys. Thanks again for getting things rolling Pete and Fred. Hopefully next year we'll have a few more.

I look forward to the videos and pics! :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We made, a little wet due to our perfect English day...:thumbup:

Wonderful riding yesterday.

I'll work on getting few photos posted, video may need to wait a few days so I can get a little more time to edit.

Thanks again everyone, I had a wonderful time! :D

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
The ride back was superb. The rain kept things cool today and compared to this summer's harsh heat, it was pleasant to be bundled in my textile jacket. I have to say the "tar-snakes" when they get wet are very slick and somehow with Road Pilot 2, seem more slippery than other tires.

Group pictures HERE.

Fred

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a few photos, no stunning ride action on stills this year. I'm hoping I have about 90 minutes of GoPro footage, need to look at it however.

On a side note...the speedo sending cable was melted by my rear exhaust manifold at about 8:30 pm Friday night. I lost my speedo, horn and brake lights. As my speedo was dying it registed 304 mph!

The weather was PREFECT on Saturday. Sunny and about 75. Both Ed and I had a nice "peal" going on the tires. :D Stuck like glue.

The best part was, as Fred and I were testing the aerodynamics of your bikes...:rolleyes: I could have honestly told the Officer. "Why yes Sir I do know how fast I was going, ZERO, my speedo said so."

View attachment 22667

View attachment 22668

View attachment 22669

View attachment 22670

markg

Reaction score
Visit site
What a complete drag I missed this. I just picked up my FZ6 today. It just so happens I was there last weekend. Did you guys see a whole lot of bicycles out there? That was the weekend of the Texas Hill Country River Region Classic bike ride - every year about this time.

You guys didn't happen to eat at a place called the Leakey Feed Lot Friday night did you. We were eating there and saw a bunch of guys looked like they were in riding gear, and having a great time.

Hope you guys do this again next year. Leakey area is one of my favorite places in so central tx. Would love to join you...

Cheers

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We did see a bunch of cyclists.

We cooked steaks Saturday and ate breakfast at the Mexican plate on the north end of town both mornings.

Feed Lot is good, ate there last year.

We'll do another trip in the Spring. Fred's got the itch already. :)

pooty

Reaction score
Visit site
glad y'all had a safe and happy ride. nice photos. we were there right after y'all left. stayed mon and left fri morn. talked to a local that said to watch out for the longhorn rams. they would be on top of the cliffs and jump down on you. be it bike or car.