Texas FZ6 Forum.com Three Sisters Campout Ride

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay so I'm thinking that on the second weekend of October, the 11th and 12th, the Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico FZ6 Forum.com members and anyone else, can replicate the Deal Gap get together, only it will be in Texas. The Texas FZ6 Forum.com Twisted Sisters Ride.

The nearest not-a-town is Leakey. The ride there is called Three Sisters/Twisted Sisters, a 102 mile loop that takes about 4 to 6 hours, yeah it's twisty and up and DOWN. I've ridden bicycle road races here and it is a GAS! On the bicycle I'd hit 55mph downhill, and about 7mph on the way up!

Texas Motorcycle Roads & Routes - Twisted Sisters | OpenRoadJourney.com

There are tons of cabins and camp grounds in the Leakey area.

Frio Canyon Chamber of Commerce - Lodging and Camps

There is a motorcycle and bicycle ONLY cabin place. They have cabins named after different MC MFGs. Of course headquarters will be the YAMAHA cabin. D'Rose Inn & Cabins

Leakey is about 60 to 90 minutes west of San Antonio near Vanderpool and Utopia, and 2.5 to 3 hours west of Austin.

There are several resturants and maybe one Quicky Mart, its small but has great roads.

The weather in October is usually great. It can be cold or hot, but most likely it will not be 90+.

Update 8/15/2008: I spoke with super nice people at D'rose Inn and we have 5 cabins reserved for checking in on Friday the 10th, and checking out Sunday the 12th. Each cabin has two double beds. I have my credit card on file however she is working with us and will not charge a deposit until we get there. We do need to adhere to her cancel policy.

She asked if we were riding or hauling, I said probably a mix. She said if we provide a shopping list she will shop for us for a $15.00 fee. Such a deal. So when we arrive on Friday there will be steaks for us to cook and iced down beer! She has plenty of cooler for us to use, so no reason to haul unless you want to.

Also we have the YAMAHA cabin! She says it is the most rustic one, no quite sure what that means....

We can add and remove rooms as need be too.

If you are interested PM me and I'll begin to plan this out. I'll also contact them to check on availability. More to come....

Update 9/29/2008: Here's a few more details. The cabins house up to four people and have two double beds. The cost per night is $95.40 for the whole cabin that price includes tax, or $47.50 per bed.

We will cook out on Friday and Saturday night, eat breakfast on your own, lunch is on your own. We will cook steak both nights, rolls, salad, chips, soda and some kind of vegetable. Let me know how much and what flavor of beer. The cost of food will be divided out on a per head basis. If you perfer to buy your own food you may. If anyone is a veggie let me know. I will place the food order on Wed the 8th.

Weather for Wednesday the 8th for Leakey TX, is a low of 54, high of 81, low humidity and sunny!

Loose Schedule:

Friday the 10th:

1) Arrive
2) Cook steaks
3) BS and drink Beer and sodas

Saturday the 11th:

1) Breakfast on your own
2) Ride begins 9 to 10 am-ish, estimated 4 to 6 hours, depending on stops and lunch (gotta find a lunch place)
3) Ride ends 3 to 4 pm
4) Swim, sleep, whatever you like
5) Cook Dinner

Sunday the 12th:

1) Breakfast on your own
2) Pack up an split.
3) AMA SuperMoto in Austin, heats at 1:30, Main Events at 4:40 http://www.armadillosupermoto.com/schedule.html

So far:
1) The Rayman and wife - Confirmed
2) Hellgate and wife - Confirmed
3) BranNwebster - Confirmed - Hotel?
4) Fred - Confirmed
5) Coreneelius and girlfriend
6) Hondo64d - Confirmed Friday night only, ride Saturday

Saturday Ride
1) Kilbane83 - Confirmed, dinner Saturday too
2) Coreneelius - Pretty sure

Cancel
1) Bodarc
2) Pooty
3) bikerider

LET'S RIDE!!!

:Sport:

Last edited:

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's a ways off but I'm in. My parents live in Bandera so I really don't need to camp. Now I need to figure out, do I ride from Houston or haul. Unless! We could get the rest of the guys around Houston to go and there would be about 6 of us riding down, that would be cool.

I also posted this map/flier of the area a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/usa-southwest/6256-texas-hill-country-map-scans.html

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Trying desperately to sort out my travel/work schedule Pete. We (the wife and I) would love to go.

Cool Kevin. I hope this all comes together. I should know about cabin availability tomorrow.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay now EVERYONE has to come. The AMA Supermoto is in town on our weekend. The race is in pretty much downtown Austin at Auditorium Shores! OMG!!! Nothing cool happens here, let alone an AMA event downtown!

So I've may have to do some quick replanning. Let me know if you are coming so I have an idea of size so far we are at:

1) The Rayman and wife
2) Hellgate and wife
3) bikerider
4) Hatch81
5) BranNwebster
6) Fred

That's eight.

Armadillo Supermoto: AMA Supermoto Championship Racing

View attachment 6554

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hope you don't mind Pete but I moved this to the USA/Southeast forum. :D

Stickied also. I think it's best for all upcoming events to be stuck until the event has passed. Makes it easier for the participants to find the info and updates QUICK! :thumbup:

Last edited:

The Rayman

Professional Cat Herder
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
Okay now EVERYONE has to come. The AMA Supermoto is in town on our weekend. The race is in pretty much downtown Austin at Auditorium Shores! OMG!!! Nothing cool happens here, let alone an AMA event downtown!

So I've may have to do some quick replanning. Let me know if you are coming so I have an idea of size so far we are at:

1) The Rayman and wife
2) Hellgate and wife
3) bikerider
4) Hatch81
5) BranNwebster
6) Fred

That's eight.

Armadillo Supermoto: AMA Supermoto Championship Racing

View attachment 6554

We are planning on it! Supermoto Rocks!

XTRM / AMA Supermoto

AMASupermoto.com: Official website of the AMA Supermoto Championship

pooty

Reaction score
Visit site
i am going to keep an eye on this. my vacation is the week before. dont put me down yet. sure hope things fall together to make it. the weather should be good.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hope you don't mind Pete but I moved this to the USA/Southeast forum. :D

Stickied also. I think it's best for all upcoming events to be stuck until the event has passed. Makes it easier for the participants to find the info and updates QUICK! :thumbup:

No worries, I put it in the Main Area originally to advertise a bit. Thanks!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My boss is taking vacation in this time frame so there is no way I will be able to make it :(

Vacation??? Bosses don't need no stinkin' vacation!!!

I'm sorry to hear you can't make it. We'll have to ride together some weekend.

Last edited:

Bodarc

Reaction score
Visit site
How dit go? I've taken my family down to Leaky and we loved it. Garner State park and floating the river was a blast. Wished I could have made it. Sounds like super fun.

New Social group

"Southern Plainds Sportbikes, Cruisers, and Tourers"

Look it up,

Bodarc

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How dit go? I've taken my family down to Leaky and we loved it. Garner State park and floating the river was a blast. Wished I could have made it. Sounds like super fun.

New Social group

"Southern Plainds Sportbikes, Cruisers, and Tourers"

Look it up,

Bodarc

You still can my friend, its in October. ;) Let me know.

Bodarc

Reaction score
Visit site
Can I bring Extra's? And please give me all the details tat you can. I thought that the ride was for Aug. This is good, real good.

Bodarc