2009 Yamaha FZ6R Review

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wanna fit in at the burger barn but don't have the bank account to support the high cost of a pure supersport? Are you interested in a comfortable ride on the street as well? You just might be interested in the ...

More...

Shafe716

Reaction score
Visit site
I really can't lie, I really like that bike. maybe because I'm a beginner and my buddies all have SS's... Plus I like the fairing.... actually since I've already bought my FZ6 which is really superior... If I could just put the fairing on mine I'd be happy :thumbup:

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I,m looking forward to seeing one in the flesh.Don't know when it will be released in Oz and it's not on the Oz Yamaha website yet.

davidsa1

Naked is more fun.
Reaction score
Visit site
I stopped in at my favorite dealer today (I guess it was yesterday now) and they had a yellow one on the floor that they just recieved on Friday. Really not to bad the decals really need to go the two things that I noticed that I really did not like was the cheap looking swingarm and the monster combo rearset/passenger pegs. It was comfortable enough definatley has a lower seating position than our beloved FZ. It should make a good beginer bike.

Last edited:

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
I saw/sat on some at the IMS in san mateo and found it to feel exactly like sitting on a stock FZ6(they were right next to eachother so I went back and forth). But the cheap frame/swingarm/brakes made me dislike it as opposed to the regular FZ6, which is only $200-300 more.
The full fairing and design just looked to awkward compared to the R6's and R1's.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have seen a few in the dealers, both the naked and the faired and I like them. I think the yellow is really cool.

I have not seen a bad review of it yet.

Steve

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
I went and checked one out yesterday and i gotta say once again im impressed with what Yamaha has done with this bike, its just as comfortable and agressive as previous models.:thumbup:

flamewulfe

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
The combined passenger pegs/rearset Yamaha opted for seemed really cheap; you could touch it with your toe, and it moved considerably. Other than that, I thought it was a great looking bike, but they only had the white w/pink design on it, which I posted pics of in another post about the FZ6R.