2009 Yamaha FZ6R Review

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wanna fit in at the burger barn but don't have the bank account to support the high cost of a pure supersport? Are you interested in a comfortable ride on the street as well? You just might be interested in the ...

More...

I really can't lie, I really like that bike. maybe because I'm a beginner and my buddies all have SS's... Plus I like the fairing.... actually since I've already bought my FZ6 which is really superior... If I could just put the fairing on mine I'd be happy :thumbup:

I,m looking forward to seeing one in the flesh.Don't know when it will be released in Oz and it's not on the Oz Yamaha website yet.

I stopped in at my favorite dealer today (I guess it was yesterday now) and they had a yellow one on the floor that they just recieved on Friday. Really not to bad the decals really need to go the two things that I noticed that I really did not like was the cheap looking swingarm and the monster combo rearset/passenger pegs. It was comfortable enough definatley has a lower seating position than our beloved FZ. It should make a good beginer bike.

Last edited:
I saw/sat on some at the IMS in san mateo and found it to feel exactly like sitting on a stock FZ6(they were right next to eachother so I went back and forth). But the cheap frame/swingarm/brakes made me dislike it as opposed to the regular FZ6, which is only $200-300 more.
The full fairing and design just looked to awkward compared to the R6's and R1's.

I have seen a few in the dealers, both the naked and the faired and I like them. I think the yellow is really cool.

I have not seen a bad review of it yet.

Steve

I went and checked one out yesterday and i gotta say once again im impressed with what Yamaha has done with this bike, its just as comfortable and agressive as previous models.:thumbup:

The combined passenger pegs/rearset Yamaha opted for seemed really cheap; you could touch it with your toe, and it moved considerably. Other than that, I thought it was a great looking bike, but they only had the white w/pink design on it, which I posted pics of in another post about the FZ6R.

Back