2009 weight contest

paul1149

Riding with the King
Reaction score
Visit site
Good thread. I needed the kick in the pants.

I'm 5'-10", went from 223 several years ago to as low as 169, up to a comfortable 183, now at about 195, which is too much. I'm simply eating too much, and too many carbs. Need to strap down, because the difference in how I feel at these weights is substantial.

Immediate goal, 183. Ideal weight: 175.

I agree with the comment that as you get older it's harder to lose weight. This is something you younger guys would do well to get a handle on now. It's a question of discipline and habit forming.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So, how's everyone doing with the weight loss? I haven't weighed myself but I probably haven't lost or gained. I've been running once or twice a week and going to the gym once or twice at most.

Need to step it up; I'm planning on another 1/2 marathon in October and would like to squeeze one in in July in San Francisco. Won't happen if I don't get in shape :spank::spank:

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, forgot about this thread!

I do weigh often, same time every day. As of this morning, I am down 10 lbs from the beginning of the year but mostly in the last 6 weeks. Better weather = more activity!

Anyone else losing?

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I completely forgot about this thread.

I finished my semester at school and am limited to 40 hours at my job, so I have more time to devote every day to exercise. I haven't really changed much in my weight since this started, but I am now much more actively working towards my goal.

I'll update in a week or two.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yea.. its time for me too.. I actually quit smoking over a month ago to set myself up for cardio.. its been tough not to snap at people.. but i feel way better.. not its time to start loosing a few pound.. oh and for those who think they will weigh more if they quit, you wont.. i havent gained a pound an have lost actually a few since quiting..

Current: 205 lbs/ 5'10"
Target: 185 lbs

hope to loose: 20 lbs...

oh and anyone that is having real good success at this, post up what your doing.. I am not joining a gym or buying any equipment.. i figure walks a few days a week and some Pushups/crunches.. oh and maybe a little wii boxing ;)

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
My weight is down but I have seen more inprovements in size. I just finished P90X and I am down from 217 to 210(depending on the day). I have moved in two notches on my belt am back to wearing pants I havent worn in 5 years. I have also moved from wearing XL t-shirts to hide my belly to wearing L t-shirts to show off my muscles.

I am currently taking a break from P90X and doing interval cardio and focused ab training with a little bit of weights for mainting my muscle gains. In a few weeks I plan to redo the P90X program.

1. Change your diet. 2. Change your excercise. 3. Change your life.

sjryser

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
At 5'10" (according to the BMI index) I should be 170! I was 165 when i got married...15 years ago!

Current Weight: 199 lbs.
Desired Weight: 180 lbs.

I was 212lbs less than 3 months ago...I realized i was consuming massive amount of sugar...cake, ice cream, COOKIES, and lots and lots of soda! Good tasting..NOT less filling!

I cut back on the sugar and started drinking lots of water. Lost 9 pounds in no time.

Nephew wanted to get back in shape so we started jogging three days a week...just a mile a day.

We are moving to three miles next week...should be ...um...interesting.

Good news is I have lost 4 more pounds(now at 199lbs.) since starting jogging.

sjryser

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just finished P90X and I am down from 217 to 210(depending on the day). I have moved in two notches on my belt am back to wearing pants I havent worn in 5 years. I have also moved from wearing XL t-shirts to hide my belly to wearing L t-shirts to show off my muscles.....

+1 for the nice P9oX plug! That crap works!

"Do you best...forget the rest! - Tony Horton

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
Current weight: 185 lbs
Goal weight: 175 lbs

I'm 6 ft 1, so my target weight is between 170 and 180. I'm ok with being slightly overweight, but I want to look good for swimsuit season this summer!
My plan for this is to swim laps every morning at 5, work out with my wife after work probably three times a week, and not drink any sodas at all. I hate dieting, but I can handle not drinking soda :D

Good luck to everyone!

S

somedayrider

im 13 im supposed to grow even thought im still pretty big i weigh 120 and im 12 almost13... im fat woot !:p

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
now: ~270lbs
2 months ago: ~282lbs

goal: 220 lbs

I WAS 220 lbs like 14 months ago.....Ill be back there before too long hopefully.

getting a summer job in landscaping to help hit the goal as well as gym. already down 13 or so....another 50 to go!!!