2009 FZ6R and FZ6S ????

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Ok... so I have seen the shipping schedule for a dealership for the 2009 models and it looks like there will be the a couple of different models for the 2009 model year unless this was a typo on an official document (not likely).

Apparently there is going to be a couple of 2009 FZ6 models... the FZ6R and the FZ6S. That as well as new colors are all I know right now. Looks like Yellow and White may be a couple of the options.

Anyone have any additional information?

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
White would be sweet! My dealership doesn't even have 08's yet, and sold most of the 07 bikes. I doubt I'll ever see an 09 here.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think that the engines will have two power outputs to. 78 ps and 98ps. Which model gets what I don't know.

bleego

Reaction score
Visit site
I think that the engines will have two power outputs to. 78 ps and 98ps. Which model gets what I don't know.

If the R6's are any indication, I would guess that the FZ6R would be the 98HP and the FZ6S would be the 78HP one.

< Baseless Fanboy Speculation >
It would be pretty cool if the FZ6R had an upgraded suspension as well
< / Baseless Fanboy Speculation >

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If the R6's are any indication, I would guess that the FZ6R would be the 98HP and the FZ6S would be the 78HP one.

< Baseless Fanboy Speculation >
It would be pretty cool if the FZ6R had an upgraded suspension as well
< / Baseless Fanboy Speculation >
or R could stand for "restricted" and S "Sports"?

Nelly

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
or R could stand for "restricted" and S "Sports"?

Nelly

yeah........ No. that won't happen. there is no market for a restricted fz6 in the US as there are no states that have a horsepower restriction law. it would be a total waste to bring the restricted version as it would never sell.

my thoughts would be the fz6r might be fully faired where the fz6s (what all current US FZ6's model numbers are) would be the same as now. or perhaps they introduce ABS to the US market.

H

HavBlue

yeah........ No. that won't happen. there is no market for a restricted fz6 in the US as there are no states that have a horsepower restriction law. it would be a total waste to bring the restricted version as it would never sell.

my thoughts would be the fz6r might be fully faired where the fz6s (what all current US FZ6's model numbers are) would be the same as now. or perhaps they introduce ABS to the US market.

Actually there are but it was used as a limitation for highway use (meaning the freeway). If you didn't have so many cc's or so much horsepower you couldn't use them.

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Actually there are but it was used as a limitation for highway use (meaning the freeway). If you didn't have so many cc's or so much horsepower you couldn't use them.
usually it is a minimum engine size for freeways.... like here, in Missouri anything under 150cc cant travel on freeways.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
holly old thread... but yea.. the dealer lied to you.. maybe the r6 engine on a dyno makes 100hp, but not the fz6r... not that we need that kinda power right :)