2009 FZ6 perfect.Sharp. Asking $4300

Clay350

Reaction score
Visit site
One owner bike. Asking $4300 I have babied this thing to death. This bike has no annoying mods that take away from the bike. The bike has 12K miles which is nothing for a well taken care of machine. I use this bike mainly for trips and commuting. Essentially I just want more of a cruiser bike that's why im selling.

I have taken care of it as good as anyone. Always Mobil 1 Synthetic and any other maintenance that's needed. The modifications I have done add to the bikes value, looks, and usability. You will see from the pictures this is a sharp bike that flows well. No cheap jerry rigged stuff here. Be weary of pre 2009 FZ6 models. The fuel injection was an issue with these bikes and had very abrupt throttle response.

1. Corbin seat $500. This is a must. The stock FZ6 seat is unbearable.
2. Puigi windscreen $150. This eliminates the wind blast.
3. SetBack risers $60. More comfortable riding position for handlebars
4. Gear indicator LCD $100. Always tells you your gear.
5. Garmin GPS mount with hardwiring $50.
6. 12VDC outlet for your cell phone or whatever.
7. Brand new Michelin Road Pilot 3 tires. $350. Good tires can not be understated.
8. Fender/turn signal eliminator $100. This gets rid of the gaudy turn signals and combines it all in one. I also switched front over to LED signals.
9. Engine Cowling $150. Covers engine headers.
10. Wired for battery tender.

There is nothing wrong with this bike. I just want something more touring because that's how I ride most. I think it is the sharpest FZ6 around. I just got back from a trip and noticed my tires were really shot. You will see in the pictures that the bike comes with brand new Michelin Road Pilot 3 tires. They have not been installed yet as I have been out of town.

Located in Minneapolis

Clay350

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe your right I thought it was pre 09. Was it though 07's and below?

Regardless im just toying with idea of selling. I hate to get rid of it but I just want something more comfortable on long trips. I have done all the modding I can do for comfort.

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
2004-2006 S1 models had a throttle position sensor issue (TPS), but most have been repaired under a recall. I'm not aware of any fuel injector changes for the S2 over the years 07-09.

I know what you mean about comfort for touring. Step up to the FJR1300! My next bike one day....but I'll keep the Fizzer for shorter, twister rides.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Good looking bike, GLWS!!!

I must have an a$$ of steel because I've ridden almost 20,000 miles on my stock FZ6 seat! No complaints, my knees are the only thing that really bug me on long rides on this bike which is why I added a Victory Touring Cruiser (2007 Kingpin) and kept the FZ6 for commute/Pleasure! You will miss a quick, good handling bike if you only have a cruiser! :D

Clay350

Reaction score
Visit site
The add was pasted from my local craigs. So I was definetely truing to be a salesman in the add. Im not happy that I posted it. My gut feeling is that I will be keeping it. I can only own one bike. And sometimes I want something more comfortable. Maybe I am getting old. I do a lot of 500 mile day trips back home and it just beats me down.

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
One owner bike. Asking $4300 I have babied this thing to death. This bike has no annoying mods that take away from the bike. The bike has 12K miles which is nothing for a well taken care of machine. I use this bike mainly for trips and commuting. Essentially I just want more of a cruiser bike that's why im selling.

I have taken care of it as good as anyone. Always Mobil 1 Synthetic and any other maintenance that's needed. The modifications I have done add to the bikes value, looks, and usability. You will see from the pictures this is a sharp bike that flows well. No cheap jerry rigged stuff here. Be weary of pre 2009 FZ6 models. The fuel injection was an issue with these bikes and had very abrupt throttle response.

1. Corbin seat $500. This is a must. The stock FZ6 seat is unbearable.
2. Puigi windscreen $150. This eliminates the wind blast.
3. SetBack risers $60. More comfortable riding position for handlebars
4. Gear indicator LCD $100. Always tells you your gear.
5. Garmin GPS mount with hardwiring $50.
6. 12VDC outlet for your cell phone or whatever.
7. Brand new Michelin Road Pilot 3 tires. $350. Good tires can not be understated.
8. Fender/turn signal eliminator $100. This gets rid of the gaudy turn signals and combines it all in one. I also switched front over to LED signals.
9. Engine Cowling $150. Covers engine headers.
10. Wired for battery tender.

There is nothing wrong with this bike. I just want something more touring because that's how I ride most. I think it is the sharpest FZ6 around. I just got back from a trip and noticed my tires were really shot. You will see in the pictures that the bike comes with brand new Michelin Road Pilot 3 tires. They have not been installed yet as I have been out of town.

Located in Minneapolis

where did you get your GPS mount. ive been trying to find something that holds a regular car-style garmin for the longest time.

Clay350

Reaction score
Visit site
Its a basic "ram mount". Amazon.com sells them for any model you can think of. I have the waterproof Nuvi. I think its a Nuvi 550.