2008 tour around Europe, anyone interested?

dixy_023

Junior Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I was sleeping a little bit, about 4 months. I looked for the posts on "My Thread" and find out some very interesting and useful tips. Thank you. Almost five months ago, I have search this "transportation issues" and realize that it would cost me about CAD1500 one way (Toronto to some ware in Europe). Plus I have read some posts and stories from other people and realize ....... in short i give up. This year I am going to Rome for a vacation but in a "regular way". Next year I will consider touring. Renting bike sounds more reasonable to me than moving my own back and forth.

Also, two months is way too much, I agree. Last season I put 12.500 km on my '07 FZ6, including 780km daily trip. Well, 2 weeks sounds reasonable.

This season I will refresh my memories and try to explore Canadian East Coast. Ottawa and Gatineau and maybe even further east. Two or three days tour the most.

Cheers.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: plan

Hi There,

And thank you all for your response.

Still looking for someone to join me on my next year tour. Here is my (preliminarily) plan that I like to call "East Ring":

1. Deliver motorcycle some ware in Italy
2. Ride Italy (Rome, Venice, Naples, Florence) and Azure than Spain (Madrid for sure), than back in France. Depend on weather; Alps would be nice to visit
3. Stop in Paris than Great Britain (London). Ride north and use ferry to move back to continent
4. Belgium and Germany, than Poland, Czechoslovakia and Hungary. Visit some historical places.
5. I would love to ride Greece but seems to be too far.
6. Back in Italy to drop off the bike and fly home.

You understand the name "East Ring" now. Anyway the plan is preliminarily so can be changed. To "West Ring" for instance.

Maverick, I've heard there are some great rides around Ottawa. Can you suggest some?

Cheers!
:needpics:

Wow sounds like fun! That is an awesome planned trip, I would love to join but at this point I am not ready. Good luck to you and enjoy!!! :thumbup: