2008 FZ6N S2 Clutch Cable

SpeedlimiT

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi people, do you also face the same problem of having your clutch cable route directly over the ignition key hole as shown in the pictures? Wish to find out how do you guys find a workaround solutions without affecting the clutch cable operation (i.e. additional stiffness).

Thanks in advance.

economarte

Reaction score
Visit site
Have the same problem here
I doesn't bother me a lot, started used to it
Every time i have to move the cable to insert the key, don't know if this creates any problems

SpeedlimiT

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks guys for the reply. Spoke to the Yamaha agent with regard to this and there are no workaround solutions from them. Most probably, I'll use a cable tie to prevent the cable from running across on top of the ignition which is causing slight abrasion to the key and also the cable.

MattyA

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks guys for the reply. Spoke to the Yamaha agent with regard to this and there are no workaround solutions from them. Most probably, I'll use a cable tie to prevent the cable from running across on top of the ignition which is causing slight abrasion to the key and also the cable.

Your Joking right?
Il put a picture up of how mine is routed.

justgotmyfazer123

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, i just got my fazer and have routed mine this way too. I havn't ridden it yet but it looks ok with no tight spots or rubbing. Infact it seems to have more room than it did before. There is a little excess cable but you can push this down through the forks. let you know how it goes when it stops raining.

heath_AU

Reaction score
Visit site
AWESOME. I too am shocked that Yamaha can produce such a brilliant machine and let something (FZ6N clutch cable route) like this ruin it.
I will give the reroute a go this weekend.
Thanks so much hey.

8 )

heath_AU

Reaction score
Visit site
SUCCESS! All fixed. Cant believe how easy that was. No tools required. Takes 60 seconds (no exaggeration)
Simply disconnected clutch cable (from top only) and then threaded the cable up in what appears to be the correct tunnel to the left of the ignition. (See attached image)

Clutch feels a little different but i suspect that is probably due to a slightly different adjustment.
Thanks guys. (love this forum)
Oh yeh and I have actually created a facebook group for this site.
Check it out (FZ6 Forums)

HeatH 8)