2008 FZ6-S Vibrations

dcullen1274

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys, first post, new member, thanks for having me. Mt 2008 Fazor has a pretty annoying vibration between 4-6 thousand revs. I've done some googling and some suggest new leads and plugs. What are your thoughts as this hasn't been a problem until recently, ie, last 10k klms.

bricksrheavy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys, first post, new member, thanks for having me. Mt 2008 Fazor has a pretty annoying vibration between 4-6 thousand revs. I've done some googling and some suggest new leads and plugs. What are your thoughts as this hasn't been a problem until recently, ie, last 10k klms.
Check whether the spark plug caps are seated all the way down, also, go around the bike with a wrench and check every bolt you see, any looseness might result in vibrations.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like what my 08 did to me several times.
Remove the two bolts holding the radiator, pull it aside off the mount and let it settle.
Remove the 4 spark plug caps, hold the wire and spin the caps clockwise. They should firm up and stop turning. If they spin freely, unscrew them, cut off 10mm, fan out the cores stranded wires and screw the cap back on.
When it stops turning, put a zip tie around the boot and do the next cap.

Report back. Also have a look in the tech section sticky at A cure for vibrations, spark plug caps....

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
JM2C but TB are out of the picture at 4k.... It no longer uses the idle circuit in a way the engine cares!

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
lol now it looks like I'm say you don't need no stinking TB's.... ha!

Anywho, at 4k the idle air adjustment or synchronization many do at idle is irrelevant the TB's butterflies are open so far.

Please check the plug wires and if those plugs have more the 20k on them they need changed.

Let us know what you find!