2007 o2 sensor eliminator questions

GravisMaximus

Reaction score
Visit site
i have a question for 07+ owners, if you unplug the o2 sensor will it set a code? being a auto tech myself id say yes, but ive read on fourms where people say it dont. so if you have unplugged it and it dont set the light please let me know.

i was looking at getting a 02 sensor eliminator off eb@y because of the exhaust/ intake mods i have done, i dont like the flat spot/ lean condition i get 5-7k rpm and have read that the eliminator helps solve this by forcing the ecm to use just the throttle, coolant temp, air temp sensors for the fuel map(open loop). so my other question is if i just unplug the sensor it stays in open loop anyway right, so why would you buy a eliminator? thanks

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe the eliminator sets a constant resistance that the ECU will pass as normal and will do no adjustment to fuel. While a wide open condition will cause an error code to be thrown. If you can find the resistance of the O2 sensor and use a resistor in it's place you may have your eliminator. :)

Here's an example.. http://zero-signal.org/o2/O2bypass.html.htm

Last edited:

GravisMaximus

Reaction score
Visit site
if you do engine mods or install a power commander etc.. do you have to make a eliminator (resistor) to that set-up? i ask because of what i have found with mine, i measured the o2 signal with the bike running and found that my o2 millivolt reading had a average .725v 1-5k rpm and 7-10k rpm But between 5-7200 rpm the reading goes really lean had .025 mv reading so it seems to me its not the o2 sensor thats sending a signal to the ecu saying its running lean ( because of the mods) but rather somthing else the ecu is controlling at that certain rpm range is causing the lean condition. (possible throttle position sensor)
so if i was to install a eliminator assuming its going to make the signal go close to 450-500mv all the time is the ecu still going to make it go really lean at that 5-7200 rpm range assuming its somthing else the ecu is looking at.