2007 FZ6 refresh / rebuild

jreidg3

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently picked up a 2007 FZ6 with 17K miles. The bike had been dropped once and had been in a garage where a small fire occured. So far I have replaced the front tire, removed ghetto aftermarket exhaust setup and returned to stock, taillight (it was melted from the fire), the handle bars (bent from the drop), the stator cover & gasket (gouged from the drop), the left side cover (road rash), and moved to a 17T front sprocket.
Last night I tried to fit the new front fairing (came with the bike PO never installed). It turns out the front stay is bent and the new fairing would not line up. I ordered a new fairing stay last night $150 shipped. Once the new fairing stay arrives ill install that, along with a new cowl insert and new cowl. I have only ridden the bike once. I wish these parts could come quicker!!
Ill try to post some pics of the bike/tear down and rebuild over the next few days.

I recently picked up a 2007 FZ6 with 17K miles. The bike had been dropped once and had been in a garage where a small fire occured. So far I have replaced the front tire, removed ghetto aftermarket exhaust setup and returned to stock, taillight (it was melted from the fire), the handle bars (bent from the drop), the stator cover & gasket (gouged from the drop), the left side cover (road rash), and moved to a 17T front sprocket.
Last night I tried to fit the new front fairing (came with the bike PO never installed). It turns out the front stay is bent and the new fairing would not line up. I ordered a new fairing stay last night $150 shipped. Once the new fairing stay arrives ill install that, along with a new cowl insert and new cowl. I have only ridden the bike once. I wish these parts could come quicker!!
Ill try to post some pics of the bike/tear down and rebuild over the next few days.

Sounds like your new ride has got itself a great caring owner. :rockon: Good luck with the work and looking forward to seeing the results.

Also, there's 4 phillips head screws that actually hold the head light assembly in. Its NOT unusual for the plastic tabs to break off in a tip over.

If you remove the inner, black fairing sides, you'll see the larger head screws. If they turn real easy and don't tighten up, their broke. I would check those and if their broke, be prepared to epoxy them back on or address them.

One was broke off of my bike when the PO dropped the bike on its side and also bent the main stay..

Pic's of my 07 being replaced years ago...

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back