2007 FZ6 OUT - 2008 CBR 1000rr IN !

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm ashamed to say that I never quite had the love affair that I know (and respect) many of you do with our beloved FZ6. Maybe it was the gazed look of confusion and the corresponding ....." errr.....you meana R6?" .comments, maybe it's the banana seat or the feeling I had the 1st day she got overlooked by a crowd, lined up next to my buddies Triumph Street Triple R.....but in my case, I wanted a sport bike all along, and compromised.

Today, I corrected my mistake, traded in my Fizz and had a 2008 left over (0 miles) CBR 1000 rr -pics below- delivered. I tapped the back wheel of that blue Fizz and said "thank for staying upright baby" , and off she rode, I could hardly look. I probably loved my Fizzer, no more than today......ironically, the day she left me.

I applaud you guys , but "MY" search for clip ons that don't hit the fairing is...OVER :thumbup: LOL

There's a hellova lotta motorcycle knowledge on this site , so I continue to troll around. Stay Safe...

CHEERS!

:thumbup::iconbeer:

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
I would get an SS bike if I didn't already pay $140 a month for insurance on the fz6 and didn't go on long ass rides. Enjoy the beast.

Moses195

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats!!!! I kinda know how you feel. I just spent 1/2 hr. (online) looking at a Suzuki Burgman 650 that my dealer has used!!! I don't like the wind in cooler weather! Altho I almost have that fixed. It's been 97 deg. here for a month and I can't take it after 8:30 am on the weekends.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
you probably dont do many long hauls of 6-12 hours riding a day. even for around town the FZ is more comfortable and rideable.

if you are after a track machine and made a compromise, then no worries mate good to hear youre in the machine you really yearn for.

its just a matter of a different type of bike. if you had gone and bought an sv650 or something i would have asked for you to be banned by IP address :p

but for those of us who want something from every category, there is no better bike-per-dollar than the FZ6. I take mine to the track, and still do cross-continent trips on it. she is a fine machine.

be wary though....you just might regret not having the FZ in your stable when that supersport leaves you with lower back pain halfway through a day's ride... :D

but it all depends what youre using her for i guess. to each his own.

that cbr is a SWEET bike though. nonetheless, too many people are caught up in the supersport-or-nothing category (which youre not as youve gone thru an FZ on the way there :D )

Reaction score
Visit site
you probably dont do many long hauls of 6-12 hours riding a day. even for around town the FZ is more comfortable and rideable.

if you are after a track machine and made a compromise, then no worries mate good to hear youre in the machine you really yearn for.

its just a matter of a different type of bike. if you had gone and bought an sv650 or something i would have asked for you to be banned by IP address :p

but for those of us who want something from every category, there is no better bike-per-dollar than the FZ6. I take mine to the track, and still do cross-continent trips on it. she is a fine machine.

be wary though....you just might regret not having the FZ in your stable when that supersport leaves you with lower back pain halfway through a day's ride... :D

but it all depends what youre using her for i guess. to each his own.

that cbr is a SWEET bike though. nonetheless, too many people are caught up in the supersport-or-nothing category (which youre not as youve gone thru an FZ on the way there :D )

Ironically enough, I have a lower back injury and have riden a sportbike before.....Kawi 636.....and I actually found the FZ to be MORE difficult on my back, but that's just probably my one in a million personalized fit problem, not the norm as you mention. I commute, but only about 5 miles each way, so not a long at all.

I would never buy a Suzuki ..... lol :rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations! Nah.... you made the right decision from the very beginning! Sometimes we just can't see it.

Many fun rides on your new steed!

Cliff

Nick J

Reaction score
Visit site
Honda's are ok, but they have too many R's in the model name. R1 or R6, now that sounds cool compared to CBR1000RR or CBR600RR. Keep it simple. Can you tell that I'm a Yamaha guy?

Driftboat

Reaction score
Visit site
My buddy I ride with gots the bumblebee 08 he put the shorty two brothers pipe on and I got to say that bike is incredibly loud.....its a nice bike .....when im seeing it in my rear view mirrior on my Suzuki.:D injoy the new bike bro.

Tremulant

It's not over...
Reaction score
Visit site
maybe it's the banana seat or the feeling I had the 1st day she got overlooked by a crowd, lined up next to my buddies Triumph Street Triple R....

Duh! You bought a blue one! Of course it got overlooked! :D

Dude, corrected your mistake?! Not cool...have fun with your honda.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, let's do a ride around SD, I think we've ridden before

Thought I remembered you but I think we just talked here on the forum.

I'm going riding with some friends tomorrow semi early AM around 8 if your interested. Would really like to see your new RR.

PM me

Cliff

Reaction score
Visit site
'08 1000RR is an amazing machine. Congrats!!!

Thanks, what's your opinions of it up against your BUELL? I looked at the BUELL's, many of the "centralization" , that Buell is known for has been incorportaed into this bike. The Fuel tank and exhaust are in a lower than "normoal" position...

Reaction score
Visit site

NO disrespect.....I love the FZ6 and I think the "crowd" that rides 'em is likely more in tune with my riding style, but the thing just didn't fit me....can't tell you why...

Reaction score
Visit site

and for the record, the two free throw in Dealership T-shirts I got...... 1 RED HONDA, and I couldn't resist......a BLUE YAMAHA! :thumbup: