2007 FZ6 Fazer S2 - Standard UK Headlight Setup

YZF73

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

My first post on the forum so hey everyone :),

I know the headlight subject has been gone over countless times but I have had a look around and I'm still a little unsure about my bikes setup?

My bike is a 2007 UK model FZ6 Fazer S2, with the low beam on both low beams are iluminated, and with the high beam on only one high beam is iluminated (left side whilst looking at the bike from the front), I haven't had a good look yet so I can't say whether either of the low beams are on whilst the high beam is on, but I'm gonna take a good look tomorrow.

The bike has only covered 1500 miles, and the guy I bought it off (the first owner) doesn't seem like the sort of person to mod a bike? However I have noticed one single wire running somewhere leftish somewhere under the handlebar to the right side somewhere near the headlight, this makes me think it may have been fiddled with?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Danny

Edit* Couldn't resist, just took a look and found that the wire I had spotted does indeed run from the left hand switch gear wiring loom to the right hand headlight connector, definitely gonna remove it as I don't really like the way it has been done.

Last edited:

Sparkybean

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah most of us have done a mod of some description to illuminate both low beams for a better 'look' and to provide more light.
I like most did the bd43 mod as it's the most professional way of doing it but takes a bit of time. Sounds like the mod your previous owner did was a bit of a bodge job.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes that might be the bd43 headlight mod. If it is and you disconnect it you will have only one low beam lit. The FZ6 comes factory with a low beam filament included with the high beam lamp filament but the low beam filament isn't wired up to work as a low beam. To use that unused low beam filament it must be wired to a circuit that lights that low beam but turns the low beam off when the high beam is turned on. This prevents the lamp from overheating because of running the two filaments at once in the lamp. That wire should go under the battery box and is inserted in a harness plug. An easy way to test to see if is it is this mod is to look at the voltage on the wire whilst the engine is running. you should see 12 volts dc and when you turn on the high beam that same wire should now show zero volts. You might just want to re route the wire and maybe get some electrical tape and wrap it to the rest of the harness to neaten it up.

Oh yeah!:welcome: to the forum chap!