2007 fz6 fazer reaching only 226km/h

g8anos

Reaction score
Visit site
My personal top indicated speed on my fz6 naked with BMC air-filter and LeoVince's was 258 km/h

There are many factors that can considerably affect your top speed.

1)You should make sure that your tires have the correct air-pressure (maybe 1-2 psi more)

2)Clean and lube your chain, and set the correct tension.

3)Check and lube if necessary your ball-bearings. Both, on the wheels and below the handlebar.

4)Weather & Road conditions, especially wind can slow you down like hell.

I achieved my top speed in ideal weather conditions, no wind, sunny, on a long straight road with no traffic at all, leaned down to the point where my helmet almost touched the fuel-tank (minimum wind resistance).

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Top speed (2007) according MCN is 145MPH (233kph) and there is about a 5% (over) speedo error. Wow, I can't imagine anybody "still having throttle left" over, say, at 130+ MPH because with my bike, I have to have the throttle fully cranked and the top speed increased very slowly, very slowly. With the ergomomics of the stock FZ6 bars and my size leaning down on the tank I considered it dangerous riding due to the riding position and shut it down.

Yamaha FZ6 Fazer (2004-current) - Yamaha Motorcycle Reviews

Last edited:

DeepEmissions

SportBike No0b
Reaction score
Visit site
boy ya'll are making me feel bad... I weigh 230pounds with equipment, and I'm only reaching 113MPH according to GPS, my speedo says 137MPH MAX and shes struggling to hit that.

discovery

Reaction score
Visit site
I weight only 70kg,so weight shouldnt be my problem :p

Will go through all the steps,and make sure everything's fine,it should brake that 230 barrier on non-windy day :D

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yesterday's project was installing the Speedohealer. I haven't had a chance to bring her back up to those speeds again safely. I did do 155 mph ( 249k )before having to back off the throttle because of traffic. I'm extremely paranoid about doing any excessive speeds within eyesight of citizens, mainly bc I wear my badge on the outside of my jacket... She seemed to have plenty of get up and go left in her though. There's no doubt in my mind she would have reached 165 mph (265 k).
165mph is very very optimistic. That is quicker than my friends R6.
In fact one member on this forum actually blew the motor on his FZ6 after repeated (indicated) 150mph runs.
Please people get real; this is a detuned 600cc engine. Some people are quoting bloody litre bike speeds. Let’s have a reality check.
Wolfman probably has the most tuned engine in his bike. Perhaps he will give us an idea of what a tuned bike will do?
Nelly

Nelly

g8anos

Reaction score
Visit site
i am weighting around 75 kgr,

and with a tuned fz6, (leo+filter) you can get these numbers easily ... not for a long distance, or in a few seconds, but they are realistic!

v4rick

Reaction score
Visit site
My 2005 is stock except for Scorpion pipes and 1-tooth over on the countershaft. The 1-over brought my speedometer much closer to actual speed (GPS checked) until over 100 mph. Someone recently rode my bike to an indicated 145 mph and it had just about run out of steam, so I'm thinking a good running FZ is good for about 145 tops (actual), with unlimited run time.

joemart

Reaction score
Visit site
On the dyno there is no aerodynamic drag as the bike is stationary so top speed on the dyno is not really relevant. Drag increases as the square of speed so the amount of drag experienced at 200 kph is four times that at 100kph.

This could be to do with the amount of drag that your bike generates. Do you have a top box or a touring windscreen? Were you lying on the tank when you made this run or more upright?

joe1971

Reaction score
Visit site
I got to 1350 rpm in 5th, that's all she'd do. Doing the math it works out to 145mph. Do you really need to cover more ground than 213ft/sec?;)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:popcorn:

Does anyone know the difference between speed and acceleration? Not that I'm advocating speed runs, but I can't help but laugh with everyone talking about weight effecting top speed! lol The limited aerodynamics of the bike and rider simply don't allow the speeds quoted with 90+hp

I've never topped mine out and its very likely I never will, but the fact that several are expressing the last little bit of speed is slow to obtain and "lets not time this event" says you are accelerating very slowly in those final moments before the little 600cc mill just can't push out anything more; therefore weight is of little concern.

Now if we want to drag race, that's whole nother story. Lighten the bike! I mean a damn locomotive can do 100mph but most tracks won't allow it as it takes too long. lol

/as you were. . .

Some related reading. . And yes, drag is a huge factor. Joemart is correct!

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-...ead-rpm-gear-sprockets-tire-actual-speed.html

Take a look at post #19 after reading the main post.