2007 Black FZ6 Naked w/FZ1 Headlight for Sale

ROACH1111

Reaction score
Visit site
I got engaged and I can't allow myself to enter a marriage in debt so I must sell my favorite possession :( I know most of you already have an FZ6 (or two) but if you know anyone in the Northwest who wants a great bike I would appreciate you leading them here.

Here are some details:

$5500 OBO

One Owner. Cell: (208) 305-4309 Leave a message for Adam.
Down once into a field (7/3/08) damage limited to cosmetics, all damaged parts replaced with new black 2008 FZ6 and FZ1 parts.
5000 miles.
European FZ1 headlight.
FZ1 handlebar.
Trojan mirrors with integrated signals.
TechSpec tank grips/protectors.
T-Rex Frame Sliders.
Removable TCP Rear Seat Cowl.
New Pirelli Diablo Strada Tires with under 2000 miles of use.

Bike is in perfect running condition, oil changes and maintenance done on time.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
God...someday my FZ6 is going to look EXACTLY like that! Man, that's one sweet piece of FZ6 prOn!!!

Whoever picks this up better appreciate what you've done to it and understand you can't get that stock here in the States! Good luck with the sale! :thumbup:

ROACH1111

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks man! I hope to get another one and go through the conversion process again someday. I love this bike!

coiled

Reaction score
Visit site
Mate I must offer some advice as someone who is married 2.5yrs. Your choice whether you take it on board of course.

Basically don't sell it, no good will come from it. At the end of the day it is only $5k and I assume you owe less than that on it. At the end of the day it is small fry $$ wise and it is something that gives you great satisfaction and enjoyment. I am sure your wife to be doesn't want you to associate marriage with giving up your life pleasures and little indulgances, not the best way to start your marriage. By all means sell your bike, but give it some time, wait until you are in your marriage a bit.

I sold my Subaru WRX just after I got married to try and be financially responsible. I lasted 6 months and mrs let me get another one. Not the best financial move but at the end of the day it is my indulgance and we cop the expense knowing it for what it is. At the end of the day you work hard and if you can't have a few toys, besides your mrs :D, whats the point.

Last edited:

goran21220

Reaction score
Visit site
I really like those tank grips/protectors,i found the website to buy them.Which one do you have? Is it snake skin or High Fusion
Synthetic Rubber?

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
I really like those tank grips/protectors,i found the website to buy them.Which one do you have? Is it snake skin or High Fusion
Synthetic Rubber?

I was looking at these as well... I like the high fusion myself. Looks like the one on roach's bike is the snake skin. Hey Roach, After owning these would you pay $50 bucks again for them, I am considering them.

Last edited:

BH322893

Pastry Chef
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.HarpersBakery.net
Basically don't sell it, no good will come from it. At the end of the day it is only $5k and I assume you owe less than that on it. At the end of the day it is small fry $$ wise and it is something that gives you great satisfaction and enjoyment. I am sure your wife to be doesn't want you to associate marriage with giving up your life pleasures and little indulgances, not the best way to start your marriage. By all means sell your bike, but give it some time, wait until you are in your marriage a bit.

I totally agree you shouldn't be selling just to get married cause it's not going to help the financial situations.

ROACH1111

Reaction score
Visit site
Mate I must offer some advice as someone who is married 2.5yrs. Your choice whether you take it on board of course.

I sold my Subaru WRX just after I got married to try and be financially responsible. I lasted 6 months and mrs let me get another one. Not the best financial move but at the end of the day it is my indulgance and we cop the expense knowing it for what it is. At the end of the day you work hard and if you can't have a few toys, besides your mrs :D, whats the point.

Thanks for the advice coiled and BH322893. Don't get me wrong, I fully intend to buy another bike, and if I don't sell it by the time we're married, you're right, I'll have paid off enough that won't be that big of a financial burden. It's funny that you mention the WRX because I've got an Impreza 2.5RS and I'm dying to move to the WRX. I think you're right though, if I do end up getting rid of the bike, I'll have to replace it with another hobby, so maybe I might as well keep it:confused:

ROACH1111

Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking at these as well... I like the high fusion myself. Looks like the one on roach's bike is the snake skin. Hey Roach, After owning these would you pay $50 bucks again for them, I am considering them.

I got the snake skin and I absolutely love 'em. I don't remember dropping $50 for them, though. I was thinking I paid closer to $30. Not sure why the price may have gone up. As far as being worth it, it depends on what kind of riding you're doing. If you're taking corners (on the road or track) and you're leaning way over and accelerating out of them, these will help you grip the tank like you've never gripped the tank before. They are a really useful tool in cornering and now that my bike is naked it's really nice to have them just for accelerating when I get a blast of air in the helmet. For me, worth it, for others, maybe not.

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you talked to your wife to be about your thoughts of selling the bike? I agree, you should keep it if at all possible. (just an opinion of a wife of 10 years) Also, why sell off what you love, then pay extra later to do it all over again? That seems less fiscally responsible to me than keeping it, IMHO.

ROACH1111

Reaction score
Visit site
Have you talked to your wife to be about your thoughts of selling the bike? I agree, you should keep it if at all possible. (just an opinion of a wife of 10 years) Also, why sell off what you love, then pay extra later to do it all over again? That seems less fiscally responsible to me than keeping it, IMHO.

She loves the bike and definitely wants to keep it if we can, and it's a good point about paying more later to do it all over again, but she's in nursing school and our income will bump once she's done. So it really comes down to the next few months of payments and if I get a high enough offer on the bike. Thanks for the advice!

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site
She loves the bike and definitely wants to keep it if we can, and it's a good point about paying more later to do it all over again, but she's in nursing school and our income will bump once she's done. So it really comes down to the next few months of payments and if I get a high enough offer on the bike. Thanks for the advice!

Best of luck with your decision!! And congrats on the future nuptials!! :cheer:

Tree

Reaction score
Visit site
Deliver down to south lake tahoe and it's sold. For real that's pretty much the sickest FZ6 I've seen in the past couple months I've been in the market for one. :thumbup:

bleego

Reaction score
Visit site
Random anecdote: I bought my FZ6 as a wedding present to myself :D

On a serious note, I have found that whenever I have sold something ( Including a nice 1998 VFR ) to make room for other finances, I have found that I got the short end of the stick and should have just stuck it out for a little bit instead of being out thousands to regain things later on.

ROACH1111

Reaction score
Visit site
Deliver down to south lake tahoe and it's sold. For real that's pretty much the sickest FZ6 I've seen in the past couple months I've been in the market for one. :thumbup:

If the price was right and you figured out the details of delivery, sure! I could deliver it myself I suppose; it's probably somewhere around a 1200 mile round trip for me. If you really are serious let me know and we might actually be able to work something out.

Tree

Reaction score
Visit site
I am for sure interested. But one thing that I just remembered is here in cali there's a law that a bike from another state has to have at least 12k miles on it before being registered. At least I know that's the case with nevada bikes because I'm 15 minutes west of the ca/nv stateline so it seems like it would be the same for every other state but I could be wrong.

ROACH1111

Reaction score
Visit site
I am for sure interested. But one thing that I just remembered is here in cali there's a law that a bike from another state has to have at least 12k miles on it before being registered. At least I know that's the case with nevada bikes because I'm 15 minutes west of the ca/nv stateline so it seems like it would be the same for every other state but I could be wrong.

That seems a strange law. I've never heard of that; do you know why that exists?