2007 15t sprocket on my 2008???

luckyirishboy209

custom fz6 foot peg maker
Reaction score
Visit site
anyone know the torque for the bolt? in the book it says 65ftlbs in the torque section. and in the engine removel section it says 61ftlbs. witch one is it??

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i just want to thought this out there and see some of the feed back. If he is only doing the -1 in the front, wont there be an issue about the 15th thick or thinner for the stock. Meaning the aftermarket sprocket might not having the bite. The thickness of the chain and or the thickness of the sprocket could wind up being a problem.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea it will fit.I have the wheels from an 08 r6 on my bike the rotors and sprockets differ in size but the bolt patterns are the same.

mattcosta7

Reaction score
www.matthewcostabile.com
i just want to thought this out there and see some of the feed back. If he is only doing the -1 in the front, wont there be an issue about the 15th thick or thinner for the stock. Meaning the aftermarket sprocket might not having the bite. The thickness of the chain and or the thickness of the sprocket could wind up being a problem.

if he stays with a 530 sprocket, there's no issue. if you go to a 520 sprocket, you'll wear it out plenty fast if it's being beat down by a 530 chain.

best bet is to change both sprockets and the chain together, and go 520....unless, like me, you had a 530 chain laying around new, that you couldn't justify not using.