2007 15t sprocket on my 2008???

fz6joker

Damn Hooligan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Will a 2007 15t sprocket fit on my 2008???

It doesn't say on the package and the website is down for construction.

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the 08s have no lock washers. The countershafts are identical though so it fits spot on!

04-07 have a washer bent to hold the nut from spinning. 08s just have loctite red

nope 08's have a bent nut also, not the same as 08. but same idea, its a cylindrical edge that bends over the nut.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
My 07 didn't have a washer bent on the nut. I simply slapped a socket on it and spun it off. Locktite was all that was holding it on.

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
be carefull if you reuse the nut that came off it can damage the threads on the shaft when you put it back on, the service manual says to replace that nut with a new one everytime you take it off. I tried to reuse the same nut and I spent 2hrs fixing the threads on the shaft. I bought a new nut and it worked great the only problem is that the nut is $15, and the only place I found it was a yamaha dealer fastenal couldnt get it.

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
the 08s have no lock washers. The countershafts are identical though so it fits spot on!

04-07 have a washer bent to hold the nut from spinning. 08s just have loctite red

Nope, my '07 does not use the "bent" lock washer. Instead it has an extended locknut (flange) that you dent on 2 sides using a flat head screwdriver.

Warning... Do not use Red Locktite. Repeat after me... Blue locktite....