2006 vs. 2007 saddles

Pelicanglider

Citizen of Creola
Reaction score
Visit site
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the '06 seat and the '07. The reason I ask is when I go to the Corbin website I find that the styles offered for the '04-'06 FZ6 and the '07-'09 are very different. I own a '07 and I want the '06 seat. I have had Corbins on my other bikes and I really like them a lot. I called Corbin to see if they could make a seat that looked like the '06 for my bike, but the woman I spoke to said no. The more I look at the two, though, I can't see where the difference is. Thanks for the help!

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
There may be a slight difference in the seat lock but I have no evidence to back this up except for the fact that I have to use the key to lock in my new TS seat on my 06 and people with 07+ did not have to for their TS seats.

Could just be a slight design difference between the seats as well.

C

Cowboys6

I had the same issue a couple of months ago. I did a lot of research here on the forum about the difference in seats and came to the conclusion that there wasn't any. I also sent Hellgate a PM because I noticed that he had a 2006 seat on an 2007 bike. I went around and around with the people at Corbin telling them that they both mount the same. The lady I talked to wouldn't sell me the 2006 version because she already knew that I had 2007 FZ6. She tried to tell me it was because they wouldn't allow me to return it if it didn't fit and that she didn't want to be held responsible for selling me the wrong model knowingly. Finally, I basically told her to stick it and called my local dealer and got it $110 cheaper. All you have to do is put a washer or two under the latch on the seat and it locks in and fits great. I love mine.

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
Newly designed seat
Not immediately obvious but will nevertheless be appreciated by riders is the new seat. A new type of foam has been used in the lower part of its structure – while a new seat cover is also fitted – and detail changes have also been made to the seat shape.

First look: 2007 Yamaha FZ6 S2

Tim

Pelicanglider

Citizen of Creola
Reaction score
Visit site
I had the same issue a couple of months ago. I did a lot of research here on the forum about the difference in seats and came to the conclusion that there wasn't any. I also sent Hellgate a PM because I noticed that he had a 2006 seat on an 2007 bike. I went around and around with the people at Corbin telling them that they both mount the same. The lady I talked to wouldn't sell me the 2006 version because she already knew that I had 2007 FZ6. She tried to tell me it was because they wouldn't allow me to return it if it didn't fit and that she didn't want to be held responsible for selling me the wrong model knowingly. Finally, I basically told her to stick it and called my local dealer and got it $110 cheaper. All you have to do is put a washer or two under the latch on the seat and it locks in and fits great. I love mine.

Thanks, Cowboys6. Exactly what I wanted to hear from somebody who's actually done it! Now I could kick myself for watching that last Corbin on eBay slip by.

C

Cowboys6

Thanks, Cowboys6. Exactly what I wanted to hear from somebody who's actually done it! Now I could kick myself for watching that last Corbin on eBay slip by.

No problem. Check with your yamaha dealerships in town, they might be able to get you a better deal. Like I said, mine was $110 cheaper from my dealership. The only drawback to it was that I couldn't choose any custom options, but I didn't really want anything special anyways. Oh, they also got it to me 2 weeks faster than the people at Corbin said they could. Good luck with finding one.

ranieri

Reaction score
Visit site
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the '06 seat and the '07. The reason I ask is when I go to the Corbin website I find that the styles offered for the '04-'06 FZ6 and the '07-'09 are very different. I own a '07 and I want the '06 seat. I have had Corbins on my other bikes and I really like them a lot. I called Corbin to see if they could make a seat that looked like the '06 for my bike, but the woman I spoke to said no. The more I look at the two, though, I can't see where the difference is. Thanks for the help!

I had an 04 FZ6 and now own an 08,I think the 04 seat was better(less padding better shape).

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
they are identical :) i got a 2005 (55) plate fz6 and my mate got an 08 plate, and i was curios, as i like look and feel of his seat, and wanted one for my bike, so we did a fast swap, and fitted right away, one little prob was i had to put weight on the middle of seat with my fist, while turning key to remove! i just thought this was down to him having a new seat so catch was not worn in? but even so, fitted fine :) am now looking to get me one :thumbup:

Pelicanglider

Citizen of Creola
Reaction score
Visit site
My Corbin seat came in yesterday and, with the help of a few washers under the latch, it fit like a glove. The seat is the one listed for the '04-'06 and I have an '07 model, but it wasn't a problem. I wanted vinyl, though, and got leather. But I since its here, I'm keeping it. I'd rather do that than hassle with the return. Thanks for the assistance!