2005 R6 50mm Fork Swap Q&A

warrencycle

Reaction score
Visit site
I need some insight on putting these on my 2006 FZ6. I'm curious if the 2006 FZ1 Triple clamps would work for the R6 fork tubes. I have seen a few threads on this, mainly on how to alter the R6 triples, but I rather find something bolt on for $200 or below.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I think the issues focus on the steering stops, ignition switch, and stem length. With the right bearings nearly any combo can be adapted.
You might want to take note of distance from the stem to the forks. If its shorter than the FZ6, you could run into clearance issues and/or reducing your max steering angle for turning.
So, in short, it likely can be done but the details of steering stops and ignition mount need addressed.

I think the issues focus on the steering stops, ignition switch, and stem length. With the right bearings nearly any combo can be adapted.
You might want to take note of distance from the stem to the forks. If its shorter than the FZ6, you could run into clearance issues and/or reducing your max steering angle for turning.
So, in short, it likely can be done but the details of steering stops and ignition mount need addressed.

Good pointers, thank you!!

I have 2500 total invested into this bike. Budget shopped on Craigslist and Ebay. (Traded a $1500 AK47 for the bike)

Moved the ignition and shaved the steering stops. Also had to swap the stems the fz1 stem is shorter. Ill post more detailed pics tomorrow.

I already made this very same mod, but i didn´t shave the ignition, just use some spacers on the screws to make it lower and make some clearance and it works perfect i even was able to relocate the ignition lock hole so my ignition lock works too.

So you have 2005 R6 forks. 20XX FZ1 triple w/FZ6 stem) and what shock is in the back??

Thanks!

[MENTION=24784]warrencycle[/MENTION]

Back