2005 instrument cluster

Thanks for the link.
Actually......I'm trying to decide wheter to rebuild, part out or sell my '05.
With only 7800 miles....
Deeee-stroyed all my front plastic about 3 weeks ago . Only things i need to replace are instruments and headlights...everything else is there and works as suposed to.

Thanks for the link.
Actually......I'm trying to decide wheter to rebuild, part out or sell my '05.
With only 7800 miles....
Deeee-stroyed all my front plastic about 3 weeks ago . Only things i need to replace are instruments and headlights...everything else is there and works as suposed to.

An 05 with low miles like that? I'd fix and ride it! :p

Nothing like a link to a $485 part to make you start thinking outta the box.
So...all my cluster has is the time displaying...nothing else. With the engine off...I pull the white plug...wait a few seconds and the time drops out.
Turn the bike on...motor running and...
Sloooowly plug it back in an the whole display lights up....for a second.
Plug it all the way in and the disply drops out but the time continues to show.
Wiggle the plugs in and out....no display. Do the same thing...unplug...wait...replug and the same thing happens. Having crashed an FZ once before...I can recall a tilt code coming up on the speedo. Errr...do these bikes need some kind of a code reset before certain things will work ?

you can get custom dashes which fit several different bikes, and are pretty trick, might take a little work to fit it though

Gregg...let me illustrate my mechanical skills with a story:
In '67 I bought a Honda 160 used.
Decided to clean the carbs...simple little carbs with 1 needle and 1 screw to turn.
Reassembled the carb....turned it on and it revved up to about 20k with sparks flying out of the pipe. Got so scared i ran...my pal shut it down, pulled it apart and discovered I had put the needle in upside down and bent a valve when she took off.
Sold the bike a week later.
Have not touched an engine since.
A man's gotta know his limits.

Back