2005 FZ6 Parts (Front Cowl and Headlights etc)

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
i m interested in the headlamp..just curious if you are willing to ship to malta and the cost of shipping.. i bet its very expensive. i d like to give it a shot and see what it costs.. thx

Extremity

Junior Mint
Reaction score
www.echoplaneonline.com
I can split the cowl and the headlights but I don't know if the blue pieces come off or not. I'm assuming if your silver ones came off then these blue ones would come off. 130+shipping for cowl.

If that's your asking price that's fine, and I am certainly not trying to **** up the thread as I am interested in purchasing it, but I am just wondering if you are aware that that part brand new is $133.66 directly from OEM provider? Also, the schematics show that the colored part does come off. There is a screw on the INSIDE of the cowling that holds it on, at the bottom-front of it.

Anyways, yeah, was just curious if you were aware of the cost of a new part and if that is still your asking price, thanks!

CMH

Reaction score
Visit site
Can anyone tell me for sure if the headlight assembly will fit all years? If it will fit a 2007 I may be interested, depends on if I sell my modded lights or am able to trade with someone.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
CMH the headlights are the same for all years. i checked on the fiche and they have the same part number

FAZR6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey shookb, it would help your quotes if you stop using usps and start using ups. UPS is half the price of usps for large packages (anything over 12") and especially if you get ouside of about 300 miles from you. The full cowl I shipped was $45 to michigan from VA. USPS wanted $90. It's because they have to rent their space from comercial airlines and ups has their own airline. That's what the postman told me anyway.

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
tell the post office that malta is a tiny island in the mediterranean just undernath the island of sicily:thumbup:

Shook1db

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey shookb, it would help your quotes if you stop using usps and start using ups. UPS is half the price of usps for large packages (anything over 12") and especially if you get ouside of about 300 miles from you. The full cowl I shipped was $45 to michigan from VA. USPS wanted $90. It's because they have to rent their space from comercial airlines and ups has their own airline. That's what the postman told me anyway.

All my quotes are from UPS at this point (sorry if I mistyped that). I haven't gotten quotes from USPS yet but I was going to.

For the Headlight assembly/cowl/windshield/fairing stay from ups it was 150 + packaging. I don't know why it's so expensive. Maybe the cowl itself will be much cheaper because it's a ton lighter without all that other stuff.

I will go get a quote on just the cowl now that it's all that's left and see if it's cheaper. It should be a lot cheaper without the other stuff and then update this thread.

Shook1db

Reaction score
Visit site
Bump. The front cowl is the only thing left!!! Here's how the bike looks now

5684317143_5af3e3a8ee_b.jpg

jarush

Reaction score
Visit site
how much did you want for just the cowl? My zip code is 49930, but I'll be driving down that way memorial day weekend and could pick it up then.

Shook1db

Reaction score
Visit site
150 for the cowl if you come pick it up or I can meet ya somewhere depending on how far away it is. It's in perfect shape and a lot of them go for more than this on here but I need to get rid of it since I already bought the naked setup and was planning on waiting until I sold everything.

Let me know I can meet ya like 50 miles away or so if you aren't closer than that.

Shook1db

Reaction score
Visit site
I am now selling the front cowl for 200 shipped. I was originally asking for 150 + shipping and shipping was super expensive but i'm just looking to get around 100-125 dollars out of it. Still in perfect condition and needs to be sold b/c I need the cash.