2005 FZ6 idle help!!!!

getsome

Reaction score
Visit site
hi, been trying to figure this out since i had a custom map programmed on my PC. actually had to take it to the shop like 3 times to even get it running "right" while programming. But anyway when first went to shop and they programmed it, i took it out and bike was awesome, but after about 30 minutes on a long straight highway, got to the offramp, and it was stalling on me. then everytime on my way home, at every light, it stalled. trucked the bike up the next morning, they said everything was "fine" on computer. but i told them it felt like the bike was choking itself. so they checked again and was off. after 2 mores days it did it again, stalling. so the shop checked it again and said the tach wasnt showing the true RPM. so "fixed" that. now its completely fine without stalling, runs fine, but when i pull clutch in the bike still at about 4-5K RPM. so fed up with it for the winter, taking it back up in the spring. But just trying to see if anybody has any input that would be useful.

2005 FZ6. Scorpion exhaust, K&N filter, de-cat pipe. NEKKID. Ran completely fine with scorpion map from dynojet, before taking it the shop, just was waaay to rich. now its fine on air-fuel. Just not sure if something needs adjusted or whatever. Just trying to get it figured out before riding time!

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
possibly find a different shop with someone that knows how to tune (not knocking the current shop) and will take your bike out themselves to test everything.. if it ran a bit rich before, where is the a/f now? do you have any graphs so we can see if your possibly loosing fuel at a lower rpm??