2005 FZ6 HandleBars

thebob6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I just purchased some new bar ends and they have two types of adapters one for steel and one for aluminum handlebars.

Does anyone know what the stock 05 FZ6 handlebars are made out of?

Thanks!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The aluminum bars would be thicker (for the same strength as steel).

So the new bar ends would have a thinner OD to fit into the steel bar.

The stock FZ bar end screws into the bar (threaded). Seems those go in, then expand.

Being all aluminum, you may very well get more vibes thru the handle bars. As light as those appear, their purty but I suspect won't be nearly as effective as stock bar ends.

Have you considered powder coating yours if your just looking for something different?

Last edited:

thebob6

Reaction score
Visit site
The aluminum bars would be thicker (for the same strength as steel).

So the new bar ends would have a thinner OD to fit into the steel bar.

The stock FZ bar end screws into the bar (threaded). Seems those go in, then expand.

Being all aluminum, you may very well get more vibes thru the handle bars. As light as those appear, their purty but I suspect won't be nearly as effective as stock bar ends.

Have you considered powder coating yours if your just looking for something different?

Sadly I accidentally stripped the threads on the right end of the handlebar so I cannot use the stock end as it has nothing to "screw into". I've looked for other solutions but I cannot find anything aside from replacing the handlebar. I'm open to any suggestions.

These did come with weights but I don't believe I will be able to use them as with the weights it doesn't reach the depth I need.

These are the ones I actually ordered w/ the weights (https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/zeta-universal-bar-ends) the youtube video was just to show the two different type of adapters they send it with.