200 miles one tank

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Does your bike get around the same mileage on a full tank? I guess it comes out to about to 40 mpg. My ridiing around Vegas is primarily on surface street, lots of stop and go.... not too much freeway riding.

W

wrightme43

I get around 44 mpg. Like you its right around 190-210 for fuel ups. If I just give it hell all day on the backroads keeping it in fourth, accelerating hard, and just having fun, it goes 160-170 miles per tank.

vikeme

Reaction score
Visit site
Runnin back and forth to work i'm getting 53 MPG during the summer warm weather. this winter i was only getting 47 MPG. It threw me for a loop. i coundn't figure why it dropped so much and even took it to the shop for calibration, was told it wasn't that far out. spring came along and the milage started increasing. Go figure !

Sam

CMHrider

Reaction score
Visit site
I may be totally wrong about this, but one reason for getting better gas milage may be due to the technology of a fuel injected bike. I think I remember reading something about the fuel injection system automatically adjusting for the environment. If this is true, the warmer temperatures create an environment where the air density is less, therefore less fuel is needed to produce a combustable fuel to air ratio.

Lee510

Reaction score
Visit site
I usually average 52mpg, temps don't seem to affect my bike. Fill-up before last, I averaged 56mpg. I'm not sure what to attribute the increase to.

I changed the oil last week and went back to 10W-30. 20W-40 caused to much vibration. Lighter oil may help with fuel economy as well.

CMHrider

Reaction score
Visit site
I filled up 10 miles into "blinking fuel warning" and put 4.274 gals. right at 200 miles. That gives me 46.8 mpg. I was averaging around closer to 50. But I've recently been running at higher RPM's.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
I did an ~850 mi 3-day weekend earlier this month and got somewhere between 50 and 55 mpg (US). Varied riding - a little interstate but mostly twisties and some sweeping rural roads and getting on it pretty good sometimes too.

W

wrightme43

I am going to keep a log and avg the next 5 tanks. I am at 5270 miles now so it should be almost fully broken in. I bet it has improved.

Bren

Reaction score
Visit site
The best I've gotten this far is 250 miles with one tank. But I'd have to try it again some time, just to be sure. So what does that make, around 50 mpg? (Miles and ounces and gallons... What's wrong with the metric system? :ban: :p )

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't you know only hippies and communists use the metric system?

Here's a map of all the countries in the world who still use the "real" measurment system (the one's in red).

W

wrightme43

I think the only reason we still use it, are teachers unions (hmmm communism......) walks away quietly whistling

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
I think the only reason we still use it, are teachers unions (hmmm communism......) walks away quietly whistling

Actually my wife is a math/science teacher and they spend a lot of time teaching metric in schools these days. We should consider picking up the UK gallon at least - quick bump of 20% in mileage :p

Last edited:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I guess no matter what way we all look at it the FZ is an economical rocket ship. So far I have been getting between 145 and 200 miles per tank. Depends on the red mist I supose.:eek::Sport:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Arrrrrgh, I was never really looking at my fuel consumption before this thread. I filled up at the start of this week. Were talking up to the fillig cap. Its only wednesday and half a tank has gone already 60 miles. Alright I have had a few blasts and a couple of dices with the local couriers. Perhaps not as economical as I was thinking. Where's me gas gone?

S

sportrider

I used to fill up every time I got down to two bars, now I wait till after I see the blinking light.(which normally is around 175 miles) I know I can easily go 200+ on a tank if I had to. average has risen a bit from 42 MPG to 45 MPG, either I'm slowing down or the bikes getting better.
:Sport:

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I only get 130 a tank.

Wow only 23 miles a gallon! Maybe your filling up real early? How many miles a gallon are you getting?