$20 exhaust mod

KBrink

Reaction score
Visit site
Found a video on Youtube, of an FZ6 with a Cherry bomb car muffler, that sounds great!!! Search "FZ6 with $20 cherry bomb turbo muffler" Funny, but cool stuff. ;)

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Found a video on Youtube, of an FZ6 with a Cherry bomb car muffler, that sounds great!!! Search "FZ6 with $20 cherry bomb turbo muffler" Funny, but cool stuff. ;)

You need to post the link on your thread or else no-one will bother looking. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KBrink

Reaction score
Visit site
Kinda crappy video, but cool idea. I looked into the basic size of the muffler used in the video vs. stock and they are almost identical. Not to mention very cheap! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLAlSEWC0zY]YouTube - fz6 with $20 cherry bomb turbo muffler[/ame] :thumbup:

KBrink

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking of trying this mod on my 07, I'll keep you all informed on how it goes, and add video & photos. Looks fairly simple, but what ever goes as planned, right? :BLAA:

viviifz6

Winter...
Reaction score
Visit site
ok, couple questions, which one of the mufflers would you get ie: 1 in 2 out, 2 in 2 out, what kind of an offset? Ive never had my muffler off, or even looked at it, but i am interested in the mod!

KBrink

Reaction score
Visit site
With the little research I've put into it, I found that the only dual outlet muffler (that cherry bomb makes) that would fit under & replace the stock muffler is their "Pro" series. I've found that muffler in a 2" i.d. offset inlet and dual 2" outlets. It would measure 13" long x 4" thick x 10" wide. looks like i'll have to use a pipe reducer or two to bridge the gap between the 2" inlet and the 1.75" midpipe (behind the cat). The slight downfall to that muffler (pro series) over the $20 can used in the video is, that it tends to cost around $80, still cheap by fz6 standards. I would guess the $20 muffler, started out as a single outlet, and was made into dual with alittle drilling & welding. I plan to leave the stock muffler whole and untouched, no cutting or using any brackets welded to the stock can, so i can return it to OE if needed. :thumbup: