2 Years, 20,000 Miles, 0 Regrets.

FZSexy

Reaction score
Visit site
Well its been two years since I made this my first choice for my first motorcycle after 3 and 1/2 years of riding scooters and I think it was a perfect choice. This bike has helped me come to understand motorcycles.

The bike is very easy and comfortable to ride. It is FAST and can out run any car on the street with little effort. It splits lanes great and is nimble once you know the bike. "Flickable" comes to mind. I used to ride scooters, and I know flickable in SoCal traffic. This bike is just enough to make it fun and feel safe to ride in and around and through traffic. And the freeway? This bike lacks no power to 125mph or so. It just shoots straight up. I love the I4.

Bike has given no issues but the kill switch. Which is going in for replacement this week. Otherwise, perfect. Stout, solid, comfortable and smooth operation all around. No mechanical failures or faults. Only time stranded was dead battery (replace every year from now on) and kill switch issue. Otherwise as they say "start, gas, go." Period. All over hot, cold, congested SoCal. This bike has seen its hills, highways, and potholes. I am a somewhat demanding rider, so to speak. On the bike. And the bike feels the same as it did two years ago.

So just FYI for new members and riders here who might be new to the bike, and all you great old members, too. This forum is a wealth of knowledge and info on this bike, so thanks a lot. I will have this bike until it dies, and that won't be for awhile. So I will be here for awhile.

But not too much. I have some riding to do!

The reason I say "no regrets" is I look at other motorcycles. It sounds like a woman (or man) thing, I know. But its true. I am getting another one for practical reasons. But be it BMW, Honda, 1000cc, twin, I4....whatever. And well, I don't get too excited. Because this bike really leaves a rider wanting for nothing. I rode the bike for 5 hours today in all kinds of conditions and never even had a thought but to keep moving forward. Got off the bike and had no aches, pains, or complaints. Fast, lightweight enough, fun. Power for days. Well, in its class. But you know...no regrets. Period.

FZ6 = Great motorcycle :Sport:

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good to hear and I'm glad you are happy! It's a fun little bike!
Slide the stanchion tubes up the triple 4 - 6mm and it flicks even better! Don't go nuts tho if 1## numbers happen to often.

Starting our 6th season and have logged 25,000 "entertainment" miles... Bike has never skipped a beat. The things I've done to it were to make it suit my needs and nothing has failed! It has ran flawlessly since purchased in early 2011... Well engineered bikes!

Having ridden others along the way, this one has more personality!
We'll go another year and see what happens!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
No need to replace the battery every year, especially if it's the OEM battery. They are good for at least several years. I purchased the Cycle Gear battery which comes with a lifetime guarantee for the life of the bike. I exchanged them a couple of times after it failed the load test. They were good for about 2 years each, but I got tired of swapping out the battery because it's such a big PIA so I went back to the OEM.

100,0000 miles with no regrets.

Tuffy1982

Reaction score
Visit site
Good to hear and I'm glad you are happy! It's a fun little bike!
Slide the stanchion tubes up the triple 4 - 6mm and it flicks even better! Don't go nuts tho if 1## numbers happen to often.

Starting our 6th season and have logged 25,000 "entertainment" miles... Bike has never skipped a beat. The things I've done to it were to make it suit my needs and nothing has failed! It has ran flawlessly since purchased in early 2011... Well engineered bikes!

Having ridden others along the way, this one has more personality!
We'll go another year and see what happens!

When you slid those 4-6mm did you have to make any other suspension adjustments?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
No need to replace the battery every year, especially if it's the OEM battery. They are good for at least several years. I purchased the Cycle Gear battery which comes with a lifetime guarantee for the life of the bike. I exchanged them a couple of times after it failed the load test. They were good for about 2 years each, but I got tired of swapping out the battery because it's such a big PIA so I went back to the OEM.

100,0000 miles with no regrets.

This Bike doesnt see the higher ambient temps for long periods but the oem Yuasa battery ran from Jan 2008 to July 2015. It was cranking a bit slower after 8 years. I run out into woods where you may not be seen for days if you had to walk out, so a new battery is cheap insurance....

As for stanchion tubes / adjustments... see sig below as adjustments were made!
Read up about checking and setting Bike and Rider SAG. Depending on your weight and the conditon of your springs, these play into what you should do too.

Do search here for JJD952 Suspension...

Last edited: