17T Front Sprocket

Pelicanglider

Citizen of Creola
Reaction score
Visit site
I put a +1 front sprocket on this weekend along with a new chain and rear (46T) sprocket. I wanted to give my FZ6 a little "longer legs" and that's exactly what this mod did. I now run 74-75 mph doing the same RPM I used to get 69-70mph. The bike just feels a bit more relaxed keeping up in traffic. I also changed over to a 520 chain and an aluminum rear sprocket. Shaves a bit of weight off...can't hurt, right?

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I put a +1 front sprocket on this weekend along with a new chain and rear (46T) sprocket. I wanted to give my FZ6 a little "longer legs" and that's exactly what this mod did. I now run 74-75 mph doing the same RPM I used to get 69-70mph. The bike just feels a bit more relaxed keeping up in traffic. I also changed over to a 520 chain and an aluminum rear sprocket. Shaves a bit of weight off...can't hurt, right?

Aluminum sprocket will not last very long, but saved weight is a good thing. I have a supersprox rear sprocket waiting to go on which is aluminum hub with steel teeth

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
Aluminum sprocket will not last very long, but saved weight is a good thing. I have a supersprox rear sprocket waiting to go on which is aluminum hub with steel teeth

I got the Supersprox too, I don't want to be replacing it too often. They only make it for the back though, I had to get a steel one for the front. Just waiting to get a Speedohealer to install them.

tjhess74

boo-yah!
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for that report. im thinking about going a step further and dropping the rear sprocket to either a 44 or 45 t in conjunction with a 17 t front. from what you are reporting, sounds like a 45 may be the better choice for my interstate needs.

Pelicanglider

Citizen of Creola
Reaction score
Visit site

From the literature that came with the sprocket set, the teeth on the rear sprocket are hardened so they will last longer. We'll see! The front sprocket is hardened steel.