12v Plug Install

niben001

Reaction score
Visit site
$17 at Radio Shack and you can install a 12v plug on your bike.

I ran the 12ga cable along with the signal cable bundle and under the frame opening, attached 2 ring connectors to the battery mounts and quick connects on the other end. Took the left cover and drilled a hole for the plug, taped the cables coming from it onto the bottom and ran the through the opening near the bottom of the cover and added quick connects. I used some “GOOP” (flexible silicone base material), to seal the plug opening and reassembled everything. I attached the GPS mount disk to the left side of the windshield with some 3m foam tape. The GPS has a suction release at its base that I can use to attach to the base on the WS when in use.:thumbup:

Anarchy

Reaction score
Visit site
I stick my garmin right to the wind screen. It will stay on for about 40 miles or so before falling off. I found that i have to stick if off to the side right above the tack. It sticks better in the center but the weight of the GPS causes it to bounce more from the bumps and it just falls off right away.

Less

Reaction score
Visit site
Be careful witrh those discs that come with the Garmin. I had the disc attached to a section of my dash for 4 months. Came out last Friday and found that from the sun the car had heated up enough to allow the adhesive ring on the back of the disc to pull right off. The suction cup was still attached to the disc, but the disc, mount and Garmin were on the floor of the car. I tried putting it back on with adhesive velcro strips and as soon as the car heated up the velcro strips adhesive melted and the same thing happened.

I now have the suction cup directly on the windsheild of the car, on the left side, next to the post. I couldn't stand it under the mirror, felt it was a major distraction and blocked my view of the road.

For the bike I just ordered [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0025LD3GA]Amazon.com: Motorcycle Mount & Cradle for Garmin Nuvi 200 205 250 255 260 265T 270 275T GPS: Everything Else[/ame]

I'll report on how it fits as soon as it comes in.